Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two marriages refs 3 months apart ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two marriages refs 3 months apart ??????????

Not sure what this means
    Ada J Sheehan marries a Edgar Kendrick
    Sep and Dec Quarter 1925 in Camberwell any idea whats going on thanks ???

The image for the December quarter one is blank. I think it's just a mistake.
    Hail Spode!

Comment

oh is it I didnt get that far thanks thanks Guy

Comment

Val - If there had been 2 marriages there could easily have been a explanation. I have two marriages for the same couple: 26 Dec 1908 in church by banns in Canterbury and then again on 1 Nov 1909 in Farnham Reg office by certificate.

The simple explanation in this case is that the groom failed to get permission from his commanding officer to get married and the second marriage is "with permission"!

A more complicated one is that I have two marriages for the same couple in 1749 - 6 months apart. One in central London and one in the Kent countryside. There can be no doubt that it is the same couple as the man's name is not exactly popular - Gillery Pigott!
        Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

thanks Bo I do have a few a year or two apart and I know they are the same people only thing I can think is they were Jewish so maybe their parents wanted them to get married in the Hebrew faith?

Comment

Working...
          X