Back up + Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up + Vista

I have just inserted a new disk for back-up and the first session was fine, but now I get Error OX 300704D3 and am told that back-up failed.

I have constant trouble with back-up - it fails quite regularly. I could well be / not be doing something absolutely basic.

Any ideas in simple steps please?

ps I had no problems before it went in for a 'Health Check' from PC World and no way are they getting their mitts on it again.........:F

Thank you

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Hi Oscar, I had similar probs when I 1st got vista, with backup failures. In my case I found it was backing up too often, hence I was running out of space to back up and so the failures. Have you tried setting your back up to once a week? Mine works fine now.:smilee:
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Ah - that could be it Jen. I'll set mine to weekly and see if that helps.

Thanks so much.

Gwyn

Comment

Well, it's chunnering away to itself, so, fingers crossed!!

Gwyn

Comment

Hi Gwyn, don't know if you know how to check but, if you go into computer to your OS (C) and Recovery D drives, it shows you what percentage of space you have, if these are too full, then backup usually does fail. I made that mistake, I was backing up every day, it drove me mad the amount of failure messages I got but happy to say, I've had no trouble since. Hope it works for you too.
          Jen

Comment

Hi Jen

I also had everyday back-up, but we seem to be ok now, having set it to weekly.

Thanks again.

Gwyn

Comment

Glad it's OK Gwyn, every day backup appears to be too much to cope with, and uses up too much space, too quickly.
              Jen

Comment

I have never done a back up of the comp so is after 3 yrs and 1 yr to late now ??
                and what do you back up what parts ??
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

er, I don't know the answer to that, Babs - just worry about what the pooter tells me I'm doing wrong!!

Gwyn

Comment

I didnt even know we were suppose to do back up of new computer ;;only 1 I ever do it tree lol

Comment

Babs you really should back up regularily its a way of saving all your stuff in case something happens to your pc

read this
                      Quick Guide to Backup and Recovery

Comment

Cheers Val will have a read of that , many thanks babe ;;; x

Comment

Working...
                        X