• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensland index: marriages now up to 1934, deaths to 1964

The Queensland BDM index now covers the following dates:

Births (1829 to 1914)
    Deaths (1829 to 1964)
    Marriages (1829 to 1934)

Not only that, but you can now enter the exact date range for searches, which means that once you've found an event of interest, you can do a "binary search" to narrow down on the exact date within the year.

Richard

Beauty, Richard...thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the update Richard.
      (from a very muggy Brissie!)

Comment

Ooh, thanks, Richard.

Comment

The site's changed since I last used it, and it won't work properly now.

As soon as I click on "Historical Index Searching" I get the message "Your session has expired", and I can't get any further.

Anyone else having the same problem? I do have cookies enabled. I wonder if the site's just busy?

Comment

OK, I've cleared my cookies for that site and restarted my browser, and it's working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
              OK, I've cleared my cookies for that site and restarted my browser, and it's working now.
              Hi - when I looked at it yesterday it went weird on me...maybe it was a glitch on their system.

Comment

Just to update - they have had/are having difficulties - I tried just now and it didn't work -
                "Over the past weekend, the Registry had technical issues relating to the release of the databases online. The Registry and staff apologise for these delays and appreciate your understanding"

Comment

I got on yesterday and had much success, but today, I am getting the message

"This service is receiving an unexpectedly high volume of traffic and could not process your request. Please try again later.Please scroll down to see your search results"

This always seems to happen when a new or revised database goes on line - just way to many people want to look at it - so patience and wait a few days.

Di
                  Diane
                  Sydney Australia
                  Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I'm not sure that it was good for me to find out about that - nor for you to have drawn attention to the ability to use the search to narrow down to a specific date... This is not my direct line. I do not need every last detail... I must not spend hours playing around like that!...

But thanks, anyway!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                      I'm not sure that it was good for me to find out about that - nor for you to have drawn attention to the ability to use the search to narrow down to a specific date... This is not my direct line. I do not need every last detail... I must not spend hours playing around like that!...
                      But I bet you will anyway. :Big Grin::Big Grin:
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                        But I bet you will anyway. :Big Grin::Big Grin:
                        LOL - I already have! :D

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                        X