Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olssen 1891/1901 census help please

I've totally lost the will now!

Please can anyone help find this family.

Olssen/Olsen/Oleson.

That's some of the spellings I have found them under.

Okay working backwards

1911 census John Thomas Olssen is a Labourer living at 7 Duesbury Terr Hull (Sculcoates)

marriage cert:
    1907 John Olsen married Annie Elizabeth Tong, 4. Wards Way Barmston St Hull
    father identified as Charles Olsen (Gas works Labourer)

Birth cert:
    1884: 11th Aug. John Thomas Oleson father Charles Oleson (Gashouse Labourer) and Elizabeth Oleson nee Wiles address 7, Eleanors Terr, Oxford St, Hull

I found a marriage on FreeBMD 1882 Hull.

I just cannot find Charles, Elizabeth or John in 1891 or 1901 census. I would imagine they should be in Hull somewhere.

Funnily enough on the birth cert there are crossings out. It looks like Charles Oleson Hull 17 (could be Hall) and Elizabeth Oleson Hull 18 again could be Hall.Any ideas?

Thank you
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

I have found this Mandy.. Charles Olssen gas labourer, but wife not with him

- Ancestry.co.uk
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hmm

I have found a John T OLSSEN birth in sculcoates in jun 1911, are these connected?

not having much luck btw
      Julie

Comment

Hi Julie

Thanks.
        Funnily enough I followed that one prior to receiving the birth cert. Says he was born in Sweden though.
        There are a Charles and Elizabeth in Durham area, but no John.
        I think I may look under Wiley next.
        At least I have a marriage cert to fall back on if all else fails. My friend is sure she has Scandanavian/Russian blood in her, as I have gone through the other branches this is the last... and most likely branch.. but nothing yet!

Off to bed soon as working tonight, first after swine flu. Not looking forward to it.

Mandy
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Julie

We crossed. Yes John T. is John Thomas second son with Annie Tong. My friend is descended from the eldaer son Charles Henry.

Mandy
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

ahh right, I'll keep looking but not finding much,
            Julie

Comment

Working...
            X