Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTM 2010 Platinum Australia.. best deal please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 Platinum Australia.. best deal please?

I am in contact with a relative in Australia who uses Ancestry only at the moment.
    Last time I tried to log into Ancestry Au it messed up my settings/passwords and I had problems trying to log into my uk system.
    I am looking to recommend FTM 2010 Platinum to them and a google search comes up with a price of $99 from online shops.
    Anyone know of a deal that offers 6 months free membership to Ancestry Au and a good price?
    I just paid £29 for mine (uk version) off Amazon but they are not in Aus... any advice please?
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Just be careful what is included with the Platinum edition.

From what I can see (from google) most of the FTM 2010 Platinum versions being sold in Australia come with free data discs rather than a 6 month sub to Ancestry.

The only non-UK deal I can see, which includes an Ancestry sub, is the 2010 World Edition which comes with a 6 month free sub to Ancestry Worldwide membership, which will include all English / Australian / American records.

Family Tree Maker 2010 World Edition (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: Software

For info - the Worldwide membership on its own is worth £155 per year - which equates to £77.50 for six months - therefore the total package at £61.97 seems a good deal (providing of course you want Worldwide membership!)
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine....seems uk versions are a great deal at the moment. Our friends from Aus seem to be getting ripped off. Think its best if I let them decide rather than recommend. Thanks for your time
      John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

For UK users;

I can't see on ancestry site that you can get a 6 months sub maybe I've missed a link that the more eagle eyed can spot. It would have to be six individual monthly payments of £18.95 which comes to just over £113 (the figure quoted in the Amazon blurb). So buying that boxed deal gives you a saving of £51.73 and you get a copy of the program thrown in.

If you don't need (or want) the latest edition of the program but do want worldwide access for as long as you can for the least cost possible, then use a cashback site and get a discount that way. Topcashback and Quidco are 2 of the best known ones and they are both currently giving out 25% on ancestry subs. So the £155 worldwide annual would cost you a few pence over £116. You pay the lot up front and ancestry later pays a cashback to the website who pass it on to you.

Although both websites are offering the same cashback at the minute, Quidco charges a yearly £5 membership fee, the other bunch don't have any fees. So unless you are are already registered with Quidco and have paid this year's fee, you'd lose a fiver from your cashback with them.

Does anybody in Australia know if there are similar cashback sites there that might help them get a deal? If they could get a 25% discount too then that would bring the price of an annual worldwide down to $AUS 134.55 the equivalent £74.86 GBP. Which is a heck of a lot less than the £116 us UK residents could achieve!!

Comment

You could buy the worldwide edition from Amazon which includes 6 months subs, and set up an account for them on the UK site.
          Ancestry UK might allow you an annual subs. for half price, it is worth a try, & I don't think it will cost a lot to send them the software.
          FRANK

Comment

Just found this thread hence the delayed response.

Does anybody in Australia know if there are similar cashback sites there that might help them get a deal? If they could get a 25% discount too then that would bring the price of an annual worldwide down to $AUS 134.55 the equivalent £74.86 GBP. Which is a heck of a lot less than the £116 us UK residents could achieve!!

Not that I know of or can find. And yes, I think we Aussies are certainly being ripped off by Ancestry given the exchange rates between the AU$, the US$ and GBPound.

Twelve months ago I bought the Aust version of Ancestry Platinum and with it came 2 bonus CDs and 6 months membership of the UK Heritage package. I didn't have to give my bank details, just registered the software and had access for 7 months in total as they appeared to forget about me.

A few weeks ago I rang them on the freecall number they have for Oz and asked if there were any special deals but none were forthcoming. Now I wonder if should buy FTM2010 Platinum for $AU88 at a local discount store with 6-7 mths access as opposed to 12 months at AU$179.80.

Comment

Originally posted by John_8251 View Post
              Thanks Elaine....seems uk versions are a great deal at the moment. Our friends from Aus seem to be getting ripped off. Think its best if I let them decide rather than recommend. Thanks for your time
              Hi John - all the time! Not just with major sites, but looking at other newspaper sites for example that you can sign up to...it always sounds cheaper in pounds! :xmas_wink:
              Naomi
              in a very hot and muggy Brissie! :xmas_sign:

Comment

Working...
              X