• Show
Clear All

• Can anyone please find

Elizabeth Barr in 1891

She was born 1863 in Greenock, Scotland

This is her in 1871 with her parents and siblings in Sunderland
    Daniel 34 b Ireland
    Margaret 30 b Ireland
    RG10; Piece: 5014; Folio: 7; Page: 9; GSU roll: 847383.

This is her in 1881 working as a servant in Sunderland
    transcribed Baur
    Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 5002; Folio: 48; Page: 8;GSU roll: 1342204.

There's a possible marriage to either Patrick Fee or William Law in June 1885
    Sunderland 10a 860 with another bride Jane Ann Rain.

I can't find Elizabeth Barr in 1891 and also tried to find an Elizabeth Fee or Elizabeth Law without success and wonder if they've been mistranscribed or they moved countries.

Any help much appreciated.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

To narrow down the marriage you found, Sunderland City Council has BMD indexes and shows that Elizabeth Barr married Patrick Fee

On the Family Search pilot site there are some US censuses.

The 1920 census has Elizabeth Fee b about 1864 in Scotland. Parents both born in Ireland.
    Living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Husband Patrick. Son Daniel

There aren't images for that one but the 1900 US census on there has an image for

Patrick Fees b March 1861 married for 16 years. B Ireland and parents both b Ireland. Immigrated into US in 1887. Boiler maker
    Elizabeth b Feb 1863 Scotland
    Patrick J b June 1885 England

There's more info on there which you can access free

FamilySearch Record Search
    Jackie

Comment

Free BMD has a birth for Patrick Fee (possible for the son) Sunderland Q/E Sep 1885 Vol 10a Page 528
      Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie

That's great - you've confirmed what I thought was a vague possibility and even where they went to. Super thanks.

Much appreciated.

I didn't know you could check the marriages etc on the Sunderland website - brilliant thanks
        Last edited by JBee; 23-11-09, 00:20.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Its soooo nice when people knock down their brick walls for their elusive ancestors, I get a kick out of it as well - even tho I havent helped!
          jood sadly died in November 2019.

Comment

Working...
          X