Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TNA Miscellaneous Foreign Returns, 1831-1964 (RG 32)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA Miscellaneous Foreign Returns, 1831-1964 (RG 32)

Also, spotted via the Devon FHS site...

More overseas birth, marriage and death records available online | The National Archives
    Records from the General Register Office: Miscellaneous Foreign Returns, 1831-1964 (RG 32) have been added to the online service at BMD Registers. Searching the records is free, but there is a charge to download images of the original documents.

The records contain largely non-statutory documents relating to births, baptisms, marriages, deaths and burials abroad, and on British as well as foreign ships, of British subjects, nationals of the colonies, the Commonwealth and countries under British jurisdiction. Events affecting some foreign nationals are also included.

Records consist mainly of certificates issued by foreign registration authorities and copies of entries kept by incumbents of English churches and missions, chaplains and burial authorities. While many are in local languages, these have been translated for this service. The records also contain documents sent voluntarily by individuals to the Registrar General.
    It means that you'll have to pay to see images online - but that's normal for such things. The index is free, as mentioned.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I've got quite a lot of foreign births of close relatives that I haven't been able to locate. I'll dive in and see what I can see.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I had a go for some of mine, but didn't get anything at all.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ditto. Sob, sob.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Few months ago, I found one birth/baptism in Bermuda from the TNA microfilms, and sent for the certificate.

I searched on that name on BDM Registers - but it didn't come up. So perhaps RG32 is not fully covered yet.

Carol

Comment

Working...
          X