X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Walker and Jane Allcock married 1856

Hiya...I am trying to find any Siblings of my g grandfather
    Robert Walker b 1864 Hyde Cheshire...his father was
    James Walker b 1832 Gorton and he married Jane Allcock b 1835 Stockport in sep qtr 1856 Stockport 8a 45
    ..so ..I only have Robert as the only child...8 years after their marriage....I would appreciate any info from the 1861 census for James and Jane walker probably in Hyde Cheshire ( the family did move to Garston but I don`t know when)..........cheers ....allan:smilee:
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I have a James and Jane Walker in 1861 in Newton, Lancashire (not sure how close that is to Garton, or even Hyde - sorry), James was a cotton weaver, no children though. Hope that helps, Jane born 1835 Stockport and James b 1832 also in Stockport.

Would this tie in ?

Comment

I haven't found the 1861 yet but this looks like the 1871.

James 1832 Stockport
      Jane 1836 Stockport
      Joseph 1859 Broadbottom
      Robert 1864 Newton Moor

Living in Newton, Cheshire

Hope this helps.

Jane

Comment

Thank you Champagnegal and Jane....looks like the family...the problem with Broadbottom is its location...always given different ..stockport / mottram ...etc....so pretty certain that Joseph b 1859 is Roberts brother.....cheers....allan:Wink:
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

The family are still together in Newton Moor in 1881 - no more children.

It's odd that Joseph is missing in 1961 - perhaps he was just missed off the census.

Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane....later on the familys reg office was HAYFIELD...I have found a marriage for a Joseph Walker in Hayfield in mar qtr 1878 ....he married either Amelia Ashdown
            Emma Fielding
            now to find which one....lol....not on Cheshirebmd....allan:Wink:

Comment

Could this be Joseph Walker with mother Jane (1861 census)
              - Ancestry.co.uk
              RG9; Piece: 2561; Folio: 42; Page: 30

Household:
              Joseph Allcock 50
              Martha Allcock 56
              Joseph Allcock 20
              Jane Walker 25 - lodger - married - cotton weaver - born Heaton Norris
              Joseph Walker 2 - born Broadbottom
              Elaine

Comment

You`re a star again Elaine....that`s Janes mum and dad....why would it say lodger when she`s the daughter ?.....brilliant...that confirms Joseph for me....thank you all for your help...great result for me today....Elaine would you happen to know whether Hayfield reg office is Cheshire or Derbyshire ???
                regards...allan:Wink:

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                  Elaine would you happen to know whether Hayfield reg office is Cheshire or Derbyshire ???
                  Sorry Allan, don't even know where Hayfield is! :emb:
                  Elaine

Comment

Joseph was unmarried in 1881, still at home. Haven't found him in 1891 yet but in 1901 he is with his parents. There is a mystery son James aged 9 on the 1901 but he would seem to be too young to be the son of James and Jane.

Jane

Comment

OK thanks Elaine.....on freebmd it states Chesh / Derbysh border...not much help....cheers....allan:Wink:

Comment

According to Genuki, the registration district of Hayfield comes under Derbyshire.
                        GENUKI: Hayfield, Derbyshire
                        Elaine

Comment

Further to my last post, if James is actually Joseph's son, it would seem likely that Joseph marrried between 1881 and 1892 and was widowed BUT Joseph is shown as single on the 1901 not widowed. Just wish I could find Joseph on the 1891.

Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane....been searching for ages for Josephs marriage...ha ha...
                            my nan Martha walker 1894 / Vera walker 1901 / James Walker c1903 were all born Broadbottom..all Roberts children...I have fond memories of my "uncle Jim"...

Joseph Walker would have been 42 in 1901 census ....so..."who is James Walker b c1892 ?".....the plot thickens....lol....I always thought my uncle Jim was younger than my nan ....could this 1892 James be my Uncle Jim...my g grandparents Robert Walker and Zipporah Williamson married in Sep Qtr 1891....maybe I`m 10 yrs out with my uncle jim....I do know he died in Bexhill by the Sea about 1962....let me check.....
                            allan:Wink:
                            ADDED....can someone find James Walkers death in Bexhill and tell me his age when he died please....thanks....
                            my wife wants to go on FB so I won`t be back for a while....allan
                            Last edited by garstonite; 22-11-09, 13:53.

Comment

Working...
                            X