Anyone upgraded 2009 FTM to 2010? Plus Ancestry Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone upgraded 2009 FTM to 2010? Plus Ancestry Q

After taking a year to get my head around FTM 2009 (from FTM 2006) I am thinking of upgrading to 2010. (I am a bloke and we love new toys)
    The offer on Amazon for under £30 with 6 months Ancestry essentials thown in looks good. I like the few extra options it offers.

My questions are:-

1) Can I add the 6 month free Essentials onto my existing membership that has 7 or 8 months to run?

2) Will moving my files from 2009 to 2010 be straight forward and take pictures/census returns and ALL other info into the new 2010?

3) I would value your opinions on just putting things on hold and seeing if FTM listen and respond to what people want and come up with a better package for 2011 (only 9 months to wait :roll-eyes

Many thanks
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

The 6 month Ancestry subscription is worth £41 - so it is definitely worth buying the package.
    You can add the 6 month free sub at any time you want, although they do recommend that you wait until your current subscription expires before you action it.
    You wont find a lot of difference between 2009 and 2010 - apart from a few minor improvements.
    Your data will transfer easily (automatically) between the two versions.

Basically, you can't go wrong in buying this package as the free sub is worth more than the total price of the package!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi John,

I agree with Elaine, I upgraded not long after 2010 came out. There are not a lot of differences between 2009 & 2010, and once you install the new version it automaticly transfers everything. I didn't have any problems with it.
      Sue

Comment

Elaine, Sue thank you for your advice... so it has to be done, its a steal!
        John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Working...
        X