Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry image wont print

- Ancestry.com.au

I am trying to print this image and it keeps telling me an error occurred can any kind person do it for me and email me it thanks

Val, that kept hapening to me so I gave up & did screen prints.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Val, I've had this problem for some time now, I save the image and then print from the file.
      Steve.
      Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

whats a screen print Vivienne??? thanks Steve its very annoying have you reported it to them ??? I am going to now

Comment

its a screen shot Val..

you are on Vista arent you? in your searchbox on taskbar at bottom, type in 'snip'

you should get a snip tool come up, where you can click your mouse and hold over whatever you want to snap a copy of,

it will then auto save to your puter and you can see/use it on Photobucket etc..
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

dont laugh but I only found that a few days ago and had no idea what you did with it, do now LOL thanks

Comment

thats the one thing i miss about vista Val...
              Julie

Comment

what have you got then ??? I am thinking of upgrading this to Windows 7

Comment

still on XP as some of my stuff (FH discs) wont work under Vista, but OH (Tim) is using W7.

:smilee:
                  Julie

Comment

well I got the image up and the snipping tool but could not work out how to use it going to bed now might try again tomorrow nite x

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      well I got the image up and the snipping tool but could not work out how to use it going to bed now might try again tomorrow nite x
                      when you get the image up you want, just click and drag the mouse over it, it will be greyed out, but it will save you your puter.. have a play about with it.. it does get easier :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

As Julie says, just drag the mouse over the image, as if you were cropping a photo, to select the part of the image you want to save.

Then it opens in a window and you can click on the Save Snip icon at the top and save it where you want on your computer. There is also a Copy option, if you want to copy & paste the snip into a file (Word document or e-mail for example), and a Send Snip option to e-mail the snip directly from the Snipping Tool.
                        Sarah

Comment

thing is I want the whole page and I couldnt see a way of doing it .

Comment

Val, I use a program called Faststone Capture - which allows you to take a screen shot but it will scroll down the page at the same time.
                            It used to be a freebie but isn't any longer - you can download a 30 day free trial - I think I paid something like 20 US dollars for the full version - but I find it very useful.

If you want me to do a screen capture of your page then just PM me your email addy.
                            Elaine

Comment

Doesn't Steve's suggestion of saving the image and then printing it work for you?
                              I never print directly from Ancestry as I prefer to save the images and crop out the extra black around the edges first.
                              Sarah

Comment

thaks Elaine very nice of you, Sarah I still have trouble with the images I save disappearing into space??? Never had this with XP but do with Vista

Comment

Have you tried doing a search of your hard disk in case the images are going into an unexpected folder?
                                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

no Uncle John how do I do that thanks

Comment

In this case there is not much point in searching for the folder Val, as Ancestry images are probably being saved in a "Virtual Folder" which cannot be found using the usual methods.
                                      But, the problem is very easily solved, either by switching off Protected Mode in Internet Explorer, or by using a different browser.
                                      This issue has come up several times before. See these threads for a more detailed explanation:

Where do your saved images go on hard drive

If you google Ancestry + "Protected Mode" you'll find it is a common issue, and the solution is to turn it off or use a different browser.
                                      Last edited by Cloggie; 22-11-09, 20:12.
                                      Sarah

Comment

thanks Sarah yes I have heard about these issues but thought I had solved it by downloading them into a folder but even that has disappeared LOL
                                        wonder how many I have floating about???

Comment

Working...
                                        X