Wisconsin Death Look-up please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Death Look-up please.

Can anyone on here help me with a Death Look-up for Sarah Ann Phillips please?

She was born in Morriston, Swansea, Wales in 1864, & entered the USA in 1907, with her sons:

Evan Rees Phillips, born Morriston 1888
    David Phillips, born Morriston 1890
    William George Phillips, born Morriston 1892
    and John, born Morriston 1895.

She's on the USA 1910 and 1920 Censuses, (in Milwaukee) but I can't find her after that.

Based on the assumption that she lived to at least 80yrs...I'm guessing that a Death Entry for her might be round about the mid 1940's or so. I would also imagine that she would have died in Wisconsin. (Her eldest son, Evan Rees Phillips seems to have died in Milwaukee in 1972, - if I've got the right Death Entry).

I've only got access to the Ancestry UK Collection, & so I would be most grateful if someone on here with Worldwide access could look for her for me. (I can't see her on the incoming UK Passenger Lists either, & so have to assume that she lived in the USA for the rest of her life).

Many thanks, Holly.
    Last edited by Holly; 21-11-09, 13:49.

First quick look: For Sarah Ann Phillips born circa 1864 there's one in Green, Texas in 1942 and one in Jefferson, Kentucky in 1940. Both look a bit unlikely location-wise. I don't think Ancestry has Wisconsin death indexes.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

There are two Death Indexes for Wisconsin on Ancestry, but unfortunately, one runs from 1820-1907, the other from 1959-1997.

I can't see a suitable Sarah Ann Phillips on either

Beverley

Comment

Many Thanks for looking for me Macbev and Uncle John.

How frustrating that Ancestry's Death Indexes for Wisconsin don't cover the time scale that I am interested in! :F

Uncle John, - I'm not sure how much detail the Texas & Kentucky entries go into...does it give place of birth? (As Sarah Ann Phillips was born in Morriston, Wales, it might make her easier to find).

Sarah Ann's parents both lived long lives in Wales, dying at 90 & 88yrs, - & so the sort of timescale that I was looking at for Sarah Ann's Death was (approx) 1944-1954.

Holly.

Comment

They all just give the death reference numbers and dates.

Doing a fresh search has thrown up some other possibilities!

9 July 1945 Seattle
          18 May 1949 North Carolina
          25 Jan 1948 Arkansas
          1 Jun 1927 North Carolina

But the most likely answer lies in the offline Wisconsin index. How about a swift Google to find a contact address?
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
            They all just give the death reference numbers and dates.
            Doing a fresh search has thrown up some other possibilities!
            9 July 1945 Seattle
            18 May 1949 North Carolina
            25 Jan 1948 Arkansas
            1 Jun 1927 North Carolina
            But the most likely answer lies in the offline Wisconsin index. How about a swift Google to find a contact address?
            Thanks for that Uncle John,

I did contact a volunteer on the RAGK Site who does look-ups, but the Wisconsin deaths between 1907 and 1959 are not indexed on film. They are in books, one book for each year to be searched:-( As I don't have a Death Date, it would mean asking her to check the volumes between 1920-1959; which I think is too much to ask!!

The only other way that I can think of proceeding is to see if her son, Evan Rees Phillips, (born Morriston, Wales 1888) has a WW2 Draft Card, - (I've found a WW1 one for him). If this can be found, it might have more info about his family circumstances. I've put a Post on here asking if anyone can see this, but no luck so far...:-(

Perhaps I shall just have to give up.

Holly.

Comment

Further to my last Post, I have now located a WW2 Draft Card for Evan Rees Phillips on the Family Search Labs Site. Definately the right chap!

And so I will abandon trying to find a Death Entry for his mother.

Thanks for the help,
              Holly.

Comment

have you had a look in our wiki Holly?

Wisconsin - Family Tree Forum

there might be some useful links on that page to help you :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Holly,

is this you???

Print Page - Wisconsin Research Sites? Help Please!
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    Some is! Someone seems to have pasted lots of bits together & put it up on Ancestry in response to a message I put on there. I have no idea why...

I hadn't realised there was so much on Wisconsin in the Wiki on here. Thanks for pointing it out.

Best Wishes, Holly.

Comment

Working...
                    X