Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Burial Index look up

Hi
    would it be possible for anyone to look up where my gt gt grandfather Edward Bellhouse is buried? He died in the 1st 1/4 of 1878 in Altrincham district but I just can't find where he is buried.He was about 56 years old.Not quite sure how to access the national burial index and if there's a cost:conf:

Many thanks if anyone can help

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I have him at the Blessed Virgin Mary at Bowdon Cheshire burial 13 Feb 1878

Comment

Thankyou so much Champagne gal you are a star.Don't suppose you could see if his 2 young children are also there it would solve a mystery as I just can't find them any other way--have looked round several graveyards in the Altrincham/Timperley area with no luck.
      Edward James Bellhouse died 1858 aged about 5

Susannah Bellhouse died 1860 aged 0

Thankyou

Liz

Comment

Edward James - 3rd March 1858 aged 4
        susannah - 13 May 1860 aged 2 months

both buried at same place as dad - Bowdon Blessed Virgin Mary

Comment

Thanks once again Champagne gal for finding the children.Now I can contact the church to find if they have a gravestone.Apparently this is a church where they have a list of all the legible gravestone inscriptions at the church so it's fingers crossed that they had a stone.I imagine the little ones may have gone into another family grave.

A big thankyou again for being generous with your time .I hope I can return the favour some time!:o

Liz

Comment

Working...
          X