Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamekeeper records

Hi

I believe i have found information from the A2A with reference to a distant grandparent, which relate to Deputations to Gamekeeper. Does anyone know what these are? Are they just documents stating that he was employed as a gamekeeper on a certain persons land? I know he was a gamekeeper but Im wondering if there is any other information in these documents?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

I have found two gamekeepers who were made gamekeepers by the Lord of one of the the Manors in the mid 1700s. I found these in a special gamekeepers book in the County Record Office at Northampton. There were about 4 lines written on each one detailing where they were gamekeepers and who made them gamekeepers but not a lot else. Interesting to find them in these old books but not that enlightening. Have had a hard drive crash and lost much of the info I did at Northants last year but may be able to find one to see if I can detail exact information unless someone else on here can enlighten you.

Janet

Comment

Hi - not sure which area you're looking at - this e.g has some names on line
      GENUKI/Devon: Devon Game Lists

Comment

Working...
      X