Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census search please!

Hello
    Can anyone see if they can find an Eleanor Whitebread/Whitbread on either the 1861 or 1881 census? She was born between 1833 - 1839 (depending on the census!) in West Hanningfield Essex. I have her on the 1851 and the 1871 although on the 1871 she is Eleanor Holtaway (not that I can find a marriage between her an William Holtaway!).
    Thanks
    Lisa

Can you give the reference for 1851 and 1871 please. Having trouble finding her!
    Elaine

Comment

Found her in 1851 now - Elner Whitebread!
      Elaine

Comment

Your 1871 census - do you mean this one
        RG10; Piece: 186; Folio: 65; Page: 40;
        - Ancestry.co.uk

Household:
        William C Holloway 70
        Mary Ann Holloway 70
        William B Holloway 39
        Elleanor Holloway 32 born West Hanningfield, Essex
        Edward N Holloway 12
        Sarah Thomas 49
        John H Harris 35

If so, why do you think this is your Eleanor??
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
          Yes that is the 1871 census I'm looking at. Basically, we have Edward Whitebread Holtaway and on his marriage cert he says his father is William Holtaway. I think if you look carefully at the census, the surname is Holtaway and not Holloway. The second 'l' doesn't look the same, it look like an uncrossed 't'. And I think that the initial N for Edward is a W. This is why I'm trying to find Eleanor on the 1861. I have an Edward Whitebread on the 1861 living as a visitor with Thomas & Elenor Whitebread, who on the 1851 have a daughter living with them also called Eleanor and another called Lucy. I can find Lucy right up to her death and she never married. On the 1911 census, Edward is living with his two aunts, Matilda Green and Louisa Taylor (both nee Whitebread). Both Matilda and Lucy appear with Thomas & Eleanor Whitebread on the 1841. I am trying to work out a)which Whitebread is the parent of Edward and b)how he got the Holtaway surname. He gave all of his children except the youngest one, the middle name of Whitebread.

Comment

looking for any information for Amy Whtebread Holtaway. She moved to Canada, married Edward Kinsman. She had 2 children and was my grandmother.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X