Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Eliza

She's proving very elusive!

Eliza Friend b abt1849 East Indies. According to her marriage cert to James Henry Pritchard 1866, her father was Charles Friend, a labourer.
    Possible 1851 although not stating born East Indies
    - Ancestry.co.uk

Possible 1861
    - Ancestry.co.uk

in 1881 with husband/family

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk

In 1891 at the same address James is apparently still married but Eliza's not with him - note that he now says he was born in Greenwich.
    - Ancestry.co.uk

I've found marriages for some of their children on the LMA records which haven't proved too helpful. I've looked through the Overseas births on FMP for both her and James Pritchard but nothing:F It looks as though James dies in 1900. I can't see any obvious deaths for Eliza (there are a lot to choose from). Apart from the marriage and 1881 census I've nothing definite for Eliza - can anyone spot her any where else please?
    Sue

have you tried looking for the other children born in 1881 to see if she is with them in 1891 Sue?

I'm not sure that the 1861 is her tbh. if she was a step dau I would think that at least one of her parents would have the same name, as in the 1851.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The children are almost as elusive! She's not with the ones I can find!

I did put in both the 1851 and 1861 census finds that they were only "possibles" but neither ring quite true - 1851 because of the place of birth (why claim that you were born in East Indies if you were born in Stepney? But there again James claims to have been born in the Colonies on the 1881! and in Greenwich in 1891!) and 1861 'cos I can't find a marriage between Rachel and Charles to make her Eliza's mother. I'll keep looking!
      Sue

Comment

I have been looking too, working on the Lydia principle.. she should be on 1871 as 2 YO but havent had much luck yet.
        Julie

Comment

I think Lydia is a servant in 1891 and marries in 1894.... living in Limehouse with hubby and child in 1901 but no mother with her.

Edit:- the Lydia in 1891 who is a servant, is still a servant in 1901, so scrap that idea!
          Last edited by Sue from Southend; 20-11-09, 17:09.
          Sue

Comment

not having much luck at all here Sue :F
            Julie

Comment

Sorry I disappeared last night Julie, OH was hogging the PC:F Thanks for looking for Eliza - I've been looking all week and was just hoping that another pair if eyes might spot something I'd missed. But it seems I haven't missed anything obvious:Big Grin:! I wonder where she went every census night :conf:
              Sue

Comment

Sue, just so you know you aren't being ignore, I can't find her either. I tried FMP with no luck.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth - I think I'm going to give up! She's not actually one of mine - I was asked to have a look as a favour to a friend but it's definite Brick Wall!
                  Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X