Sacre and Hykin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacre and Hykin

Eric M Sacre married Eveline Daisy Hykin in Sep quarter 1940, Croydon. Eric died in 1962 aged 46 giving an approximate birth year of 1916. Eveline was born in August 1924 in Croydon and died in 1983. According to BMD Eveline's mothers maiden name was Brice.

Can anyone find any trace of Eric prior to his marriage, or of Evelines parents marriage. I have searched everywhere I can think to no avail - at the moment sending off for certs is not possible, so if no one can find anything I will have to let this drop.

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Have you thought of using FreeBMD, which is free as it says on the tin?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Searched FreeBMD, and also the indexes themselves on Ancestry in case of mistranscriptions. They just seem to have appeared out of nowhere!

Linda
      Linda

Comment

I've looked through the overseas births on familyrelatives from 1911 to 1920. It's odd that there's only the one hit on Ancestry. Perhaps he changed his name or was not born British. Sacre might possibly be a French name??
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It could be - however this is not my own tree, and at the moment I cannot get any more info from anyone. It's a little frustrating, but I want to make sure that I haven't overlooked anything. Thanks for checking.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Hi - there are some with the Sacre surname in the London Gazette.
            London Gazette Home Page
            not sure if they are connected.
            I wonder if Eric M can be found in reverse anywhere....as M E Sacre...?..as Eric M Sagar?
            In WW11 records?
            I don't know if this connects to the family...
            Marriages Sep 1937
            Brice H***y Huckin Chipping N. 3a 5417
            HUCKIN L**h A Brice Chipping N 3a 5417

Comment

I'll have a look at those Naomi - the marriage looks interesting, even though it's 13 years after the birth. A thought I had regarding Eric, was that it was a war wedding, and the bride had just turned 16, so presumably he was off fighting somewhere - will see what war records I can search.

Linda
              Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                I'll have a look at those Naomi - the marriage looks interesting, even though it's 13 years after the birth. A thought I had regarding Eric, was that it was a war wedding, and the bride had just turned 16, so presumably he was off fighting somewhere - will see what war records I can search.

Linda
                Hi - the surname is similiar to Eveline's and her mother was maiden name of Brice as well. Could be a relation perhaps.
                Last edited by naomiatt; 20-11-09, 08:12.

Comment

Hi

Your way forward maybe to order that marriage cert for a hint on fathers names at least.
                  WendyP

Comment

Working...
                  X