Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA 19th November 2009 is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA 19th November 2009 is ....

Viv

Good luck Viv, hope you have a good week.
    Elaine

I really need help on this .....

I have no idea where to start with this one. I will give all the information I have and if any of you can help me break this brick wall down I will be so happy.

Henry Sutherland Tucker born 1866 possibly St. Pancras, London. Parents Robert and Ellen Wade.

1901 Census living at 18, Wilton Road, Dalston. Unmarried and an Accountant.
    1911 Census. Divorced and an accountant working for the borough council (Hackney?)

Moves to Cheltenham Gloustershire where he works as a municipal accountant.

He died 26th May 1947 at 37, Clarence Square, Cheltenham, Glos.

He leaves a share of his estate to his son Charles Henry Alexander Tucker.

Henry S Tucker's maiden sister leaves estate to her neice and nephew in Australia when she dies in 1969 who are named as Mrs Myra Cottle and Hugh Tucker, both of whom live in Victoria, Australia.

I don't know who Henry Sutherland Tucker married or when or where, when and where he divorced, when and where Charles Henry Alexander Tucker was born and if Myra Cottle (obviously nee Tucker) and Hugh Tucker were Charles' children and when and where they were born.

Thank you in anticipation

Viv.
    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

This looks interesting

So Charles Henry Alexander Tucker was 25 in 1915. Born about 1890.
      Jackie

Comment

Jackie, I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!
        ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

Blushes :Big Grin::Big Grin:

Have you got Henry S in all the censuses? I'm trying to find him in 1891
          Jackie

Comment

Might have struck gold now - Charles Henry's Australian Army papers

Click on the link and then on "View digital copy" (hope it works).

Looks like there are 29 pages - I haven't read them all yet
            Jackie

Comment

It won't let me look. Says session has expired or not logged in.
              ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

OK try this

RecordSearch - National Archives of Australia

click on Search now as a guest

Then put Charles Henry Alexander Tucker in the Keyword box and click Search
                Jackie

Comment

I've had a quick look through and as far as I can work out he was 24 years 8 months when he enlisted on 31.5.1915. I reckon that means he was born about September 1890.

He was born in Fitzroy, Victoria so it looks as though you'll need the help of our Australian friends for more info.

He died, I think, on 9th October 1947 - only a few months after his father
                  Jackie

Comment

Jackie, thank you soooooooo much for those links. I had a quick read through as well.

I have him and his mother on the 1911 census. I had a 'feeling' about him and downloaded the image a couple of months ago from the LDS at Hyde Park, South Kensington. Just goes to prove I was on the right track even if I didn't know it at the time.

1911 Census

Florence Tucker, widow (no!) Head, age 41, Private Means, Hartlepool Durham

Charles Tucker, single, son, age 20, Mechanical Dentist, Melbourne Australia

87, Marensdale Road, Stamford Hill.
                    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Hi - if you look here, there are lots of cemeteries for Victoria - some on line searches
                      Cemetery Records Australia I couldn't see him in Fawkner or Necropolis for a 1947 death date...this is the BMD for Victoria https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/CA...l+indexes~&3=~

Comment

There is a Henry Tucker arriving in Australia on the Lusitania 21 Jan 1888

Comment

Thank you Naomi and Jac.

I have found Hugh Alexander Sutherland Tucker in Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
                          He was cremated on 25th February 1980 and his ashes scattered.
                          ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

1949 Victorian Electoral Roll

TUCKER Hugh Alexander, 556 Gilbert Rd, Preston, cabinetmaker
                            TUCKER Jean, 556 Gilbert Rd, Preston, home duties

COTTLE Myra Florence M, 3 Commercial Rd, South Yarra, clerk
                            COTTLE Arthur Robert W, 3 Commercial Rd, South Yarra, traveller

1954 Victorian Electoral Roll

TUCKER Hugh Alexander, Moorwatha St, McLeod, Heidelburg, carpenter
                            TUCKER Thelma, Moorwatha St, McLeod, home duties.

COTTLE, Myra Florence M, 3/46 Alma Rd, North St Kilda, home duties
                            COTTLE, Arthur Robert W, 3/46 Alma Rd, North St Kilda, Manufacturer

1954 is the latest available roll
                            Diane
                            Last edited by dicole; 22-11-09, 01:12.
                            Diane
                            Sydney Australia
                            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thank you very, very much Diane.
                              ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

viv, if you havn't already, you can download his birth from the victorian bmd's. it will be a goldmine of info.

date and place of birth, names, and whether present, parents names, ages, occupations and birthplaces, where and when the parents married, and how many children previously, whether they are alive or dead, and they're ages and names. you may get the midwife's name and that of a doctor too if they used one.

Comment

I have just been sent the image from a friend who has down-loaded the image from the said website. Thank you.
                                  ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everybody who has helped in helping me learn more about my family in Australia xxxxx
                                    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Originally posted by Viv View Post
                                      Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everybody who has helped in helping me learn more about my family in Australia xxxxx
                                      Looks like you'll be booking a long haul flight soon! :smilee:

Comment

Working...
                                      X