Codrington from Trinidad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codrington from Trinidad

Can anyone please help me to trace a long lost relative of a friend of mine. (Name removed as it could relate to living person) emigrated from Trinidad in 1947 to London and married for the 2nd time in 1959. His son has lost touch with him and would like to make contact, if he is still around. We estimate his dob is about 1922. I have tried looking at the Electoral roll register, and also at deaths up to 2006 in the UK, but now I'm stuck. He may have gone back to Trinidad. Can anyone make any suggestions on ways to find out where he is?

Thanks, Jane

Hi - An H Codrington born in 1922, left for Trinidad and Tobago in 1955 as per
    findmypast - passengers departing the UK. You can order the details if you go to the
    FMP site...not 100% if it's H*****. Do you have a copy of the marriage cert for 1959?
    Have you contacted the family history societies/archives in the local area (where you think he might be). The Salvation Army have a tracing service...might be worth a call.
    Also, have you seen this for the U.S;
    Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc
    Because he might still be alive you'll have to put ** by his name..but hopefully people will still get what the name is
    Last edited by naomiatt; 20-11-09, 04:44.

Comment

HI

I am sending Melaine/Jane a personal message cos the info I am abt to post will infringe on the privacy of those still living.

Those of us who have access to the records that have been mentioned will understand.
      WendyP

Comment

Melanie, I have removed the name in the first post as we do not allow details of living people to be posted.

Hopefully Wendy might have some information which will be of use.
        If anyone else feels they might be able to help then perhaps they could contact Melanie via the personal message system.
        Elaine

Comment

did a Whitepages search and the chap fomr Naomi link was born in abt 1956 the site shows him to be 53 within this current year.
          WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
            did a Whitepages search and the chap fomr Naomi link was born in abt 1956 the site shows him to be 53 within this current year.
            Thanks Wendy - could be a relation if it's the same name. :smilee:

Comment

Working...
            X