Maud Richards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maud Richards

Please could somebody with Worldwide Ancestry have a look for Maud Richards (1884-$th April 1966)for me.
    Her husband Albert Thomas Richards (1873-1946) was born in Alverstoke and emigrated to Canada where I can see Land Grants in the Red Deer area of Alberta. I have a photograph of their three children Maud, Winifred and James, but know nothing of Maud.
    She is buried with her husband in the Lakeview Cemetery in Stettler but didn't die in Stettler. I have had the Provincial Archives of Alberta looking for her Death certificate but they have them logged under exact place of death.
    Any information would be gratefully received.
    Di

HI

Do you when Albert go out to Canada and when were the children born?
    WendyP

Comment

Can see him in Canada as Albert Thomas in the 1901 census, another Albert Richards went at the same time. He is visiting relatives here in the 1911 and is still single. The photograph of the children is dated 1921 and they look about 8,6 and 4.
      Have looked at Free BMD for 1911 onwards but nothing looks good. Canada have been very helpful but have now reached an impasse!
      Makes a change from Leviens doesn't it!
      Di

Comment

HI

Had a look and see what you mean. I did try the 1916 Alberta Census which is available. But the only one I can see states that this Albert Richards bn 1873 England Farmer came out in 1911 and wife and kids state came out in 1913 - but as you can see going by the ages of the kids they would be old enough to be visible on the UK 1911 census. Unless they weren't his kids but then that questions the ages of the children in your photo.

The other downer is this wife is using the name of Pollie as you can see

Albert Richards married 41 bn 1875 England
        Pollie Richards 38 bn England
        Arthur Richards 15 """"""
        Gladys Richards 17 """"""
        Wilfred Richards 9 """"""

Address 12 Red Deer Alberta

:conf:
        WendyP

Comment

No, that isn't him. Have contacted Stettler Genealogical Club and hope they will come up with something, also Alberta Archives.
          D

Comment

Have finally heard from Stettler, Albert went to Ontario in 1894 and married Maude Mary Walden in 1913. Both came from Alverstoke, although cannot find a marriage record for them on Free BMD.
            How do I get a Canadian marriage certificate?
            Di

Comment

Hello Di - Archives of OntarioResearch Guide 202 - Ontario Vital Statistics Bulletin Do you have access to a Family History Centre?
              Looks like the info is on microfilm if they married in Ontario.

Records of the Office of the Registrar General
              The Archives of Ontario holds microfilm copies of indexes to registrations (where they exist) and registrations for the following years:

Births: 1869-1912
              Marriages: 1780-1927(predominately 1869-1927)
              Deaths: 1869-1937

They also have a Marriage Records Collection;

I have a friend who was trying to get a cert from Ontario and in the end she used a private agent, although the record was later than yours.
              Last edited by naomiatt; 29-11-09, 04:05.

Comment

HI

Maude Mary Walden is still at home and single in the 1911 census with her parents James and Emma.

So she too left for Canada after this census.

I'll have another scout around and see what I can find,
                WendyP

Comment

Thanks so much, have a copy of Albert's obituary and photos of their grave.
                  di

Comment

probably abit late now, but had you looked at our Canada page in the wiki?

Canada - Family Tree Forum

there are lots of links there that might help. :smilee:
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Have been to the Wiki thanks, that was how I found the lady in Stettler who photographed the graves.
                      Di

Comment

oohh thats lovely.. what a result :smilee: well done. (nice to know that folks do use it)
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                        X