Help needed - looking for a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - looking for a marriage

Hi am now looking for the marriage of Thomas Parker(born at Baston Lincolnshire abt 1818,to Elizabeth______. Born abt 1819.They was living in Thurlby in the 1861 census Colin Parker

I can see them in the 1851 census with 5 children, Thomas 1842, Elizabeth 1843, Jane 1846, Sarah 1849 and George 1851.

I would suggest you get a birth certificate of one of the children which would give the mother's maiden name.

A possible marriage is:
    Marriages Dec 1837
    ELLIS Elizabeth
    PARKER Thomas
    Bourn 14 453

- but it's difficult to say for sure without knowing Elizabeth's maiden name.
    Elaine

Comment

There is also an entry in the 1841 census for a Thomas & Elizabeth Parker, with children Ellen age 3 and Thomas age 1 - living in Thurlby - which could be the same family.
      This would fit in with an 1837 marriage - but as I said before you really need to confirm MMN.
      Elaine

Comment

It doesn't help finding the marriage, but did you know the children's baptisms are on FreeREG .

If you put PARKER in the search box, tick baptisms, select Lincolnshire as the county and Thurlby by Bourne as the place name you's bring up a list of Parker baptisms. Might be worth working through them in case any children died between the census years.
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X