Airforce UIniform Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airforce UIniform Pic

Hi, can anyone tell me about the uniform worn by this gentleman.

I believe its a WW2 airforce uniform - but am unsure about his rank etc. He seems to have more awards in the first pics.

thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

The badge above the pocket - can you tell from your original of the photo what letter or letters it has at the bottom right of it.

On his arm in the first pic the three stripes are for sergent unless the badge above is a crown in which case he would be a flight sergent.

However from what I can make out the badge above the sergent stripes looks like the one RAF Signals and Communications which is a fist with zigzag lines coming out from it. I know that badge because OH who worked in electronics had one while in the raf in the seventies and eighties.

The badge in the second photo looks just like the RAF shoulder flash which was worn on both shoulders by all ranks below Warrent Officer.

Of course somebody may prove me wrong on this.

Linda
    Last edited by Lindag; 18-11-09, 13:59. Reason: To correct spelling
    LindaG

Comment

The badge above the stripes is a signals flash, above the pocket the letter in the "wings" is probably an 0. This signifies that he was aircrew, Wireless Operator/Observer and part of a bomber crew.

Hope this is helpful.

Kathleen
      (ex WAAF)

Comment

Sorry, should have said that the letter could be N, in which case he would be a WOP/Navigator - still a member of a bomber crew.

Kathleen

Comment

Working...
        X