Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live Mail

Does anyone use this?

My old pc used outlook Express which I was very comfortable with after so may years.
    Now I have a new pc with Windows 7 and windows Live Mail which seems okay so far as I can pick up mail from more than one e mail account which is good.

Howver when I send e mails to my friends I always used to add little graphics to my messages, even if just an animated signature
    I cant find anywhere on windows mail where I can do this. Does anyone know if I can do this or not? I dont want them to appear as attachments, I need to show them in the bdy of the message. After so many years I do not want to go back to plain e mails so what is the alternative?
    Any help gladly received.

Hmm - this has changed since it used to be plain old Hotmail where you could add any image into a signature, now you can only add text to signatures.

However there is a way to do what you want. There's probably a better way but I haven't figured it out yet.

Open up your Live Mail box and click on New for new message. Wait till the box fully opens (the editing bar icons will all be coloured in). Look to the right and you will see an option to add either images or videos. Click on images and you get a search box to type in the keywords for an image that you want. It seems the only option available to you is the default search engine called Bing but at least it gives you the ability to add something. Click on the image you fancy and then click back into the messge body and click on the pasteboard icon. Hey presto your image is in the body of the message.

I managed to insert a snazzy pink cocktail glass. I hope this makes sense to you. Good luck!
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 17-11-09, 21:12. Reason: I can never spell avaialable - see...

Comment

I use incredimail its brilliant for images
      Find out what?s new at IncrediMail!

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        Hmm - this has changed since it used to be plain old Hotmail where you could add any image into a signature, now you can only add text to signatures.

However there is a way to do what you want. There's probably a better way but I haven't figured it out yet.

Open up your Live Mail box and click on New for new message. Wait till the box fully opens (the editing bar icons will all be coloured in). Look to the right and you will see an option to add either images or videos. Click on images and you get a search box to type in the keywords for an image that you want. It seems the only option available to you is the default search engine called Bing but at least it gives you the ability to add something. Click on the image you fancy and then click back into the messge body and click on the pasteboard icon. Hey presto your image is in the body of the message.

I managed to insert a snazzy pink cocktail glass. I hope this makes sense to you. Good luck!
        Hi GG, thanks very much for your suggestion. I have manages to insert an image and have also managed to insert an image by inputting a photobucket url. They are not brilliant and it was slow addind and the moving graphics dont move but hey its a start. Will Play around some more tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          I use incredimail its brilliant for images
          Find out what?s new at IncrediMail!

Ah, but do they work on Windows Live Mail??:Big Grin:

Comment

I use Mozilla's Thunderbird which is FREE and is pretty similar to Outlook.

Here's an old link: How to install Mozilla Thunderbird (email client)

Comment

Working...
            X