X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see the WOOD for the trees...

I'm having a few problems,

I have Harriet Robinson b.1832 Melton Mowbray,

She marries Blower PEARS 06 May 1855. has five children, (3 die).

Blower dies in 1860.

I have Harriet in census upto 1861.

she then marries Robert WOODS b. 1836 Barley thorpe, Rutland. (married 25 Jan 1863 @ Somerby, Leicestershire.)

I cannot find her on the 1871 Census where she would be with Robert

Children:
    Harriet Emma Woods bpt. 1863 @ Somerby.
    Emma Woods bpt. 1865 @ Somerby.
    Alfred Woods bpt. 1865 @ Somerby.
    Henry Woods bpt. 1867 @ Somerby.

Twins:
    Annie Eliza Woods bpt. 1870 @ somerby.
    William Woods bpt. 1870 @ Somerby.

Ada Woods bpt. 1873 @ Somerby.

Flora Felstead Woods bpt. 1874 @ Somerby. (illeg)

Robert dies 20 sept 1873 @ Somerby.

She then marries again, to Joseph DAKIN in 1878,

can anyone see her from 1871 onwards please..

many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-11-09, 12:06.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Hi,
    Do you want them in 1871 or do you have that one as I may have found them.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I'd love to see them in 1871 Herky.. :smilee:
      Julie

Comment

1871 - just in case it is correct and you don't have it.

RG 10
        Piece 3293
        folio 26
        page 4
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Julie - just a thought - do you have ancestry or do you need the image sent?
          herky

Comment

can you put the url up please..

I have a few problems with numbers..

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
              Julie - just a thought - do you have ancestry or do you need the image sent?
              Hi, yes I do have Ancestry
              Julie

Comment

Sorry - complete computer idiot here - what do you mean by "URL":emb::emb:
                herky

Comment

I got to the census just by doing a search for Harriet Woods b 1832 but with Harriet with only one T.
                  herky

Comment

Sorry - complete computer idiot here - what do you mean by "URL":emb::emb:
                    not at all, when you have the 'family' transcription page up copy and paste the web addy into the thread and save..

like this:

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk
                    Julie

Comment

Well here goes - hope I don't cause problems!!

- Ancestry.co.uk
                      herky

Comment

Did it work??? and more importantly is it the correct family after all my messing about.
                        herky

Comment

ahhhhhhh I have it now..

- Ancestry.co.uk

Now why didnt that come up before?? very odd... I tried allsorts (not liquorice)..lol.

but I couldnt get anything like that to come up..

am happy bod now.. :smilee:

Julie

Comment

Did it work???

Beautifully !!

thank you :smilee:
                            Julie

Comment

Did it work??? and more importantly is it the correct family after all my messing about.

Yes it is.... *big grins* see you have learned something new...
                              Julie

Comment

Thank you Julie - great to have learned something new.
                                I did know that we are not allowed to post cut and paste from the family page but didn't realise that we could cut and paste the address.
                                So much easier than all that foli numbers stuff.
                                Thanks.
                                Do you still need me to look for her on later censuses - happy to help.
                                herky

Comment

re the cp of the web address all you are doing is providing a direct link to Ancestry, so arent breaching T&Cs.

I have her on 1881, so if you can find her later, it would be appreciated, thanks.
                                  Julie

Comment

Looking for 1891 but failed on 1881 - where was she?
                                    herky

Comment

Found 1891 - back in a minute
                                      herky

Comment

Trying this again - here goes....
                                        - Ancestry.co.uk
                                        herky

Comment

Working...
                                        X