Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate File

Hi,

Does any one know where I can get a certificate file on line. I am hoping that father Christmas might bring me one but I think he might need a little help!!.

A few months ago I did see them at a family history fair, but I do not know who the supplier was. I have googled family history files, but as you can imagine it is coming up with all sorts - but not what I want.

I basically want a file to store BMD certificates. At present they are in a shoe box which is not very accessible!!

Thanks Sandra

here you go Sandra

S&N Genealogy Supplies - Software, UK Census and Data CDs

and I can vouch that they are brilliant!! (cos I have one.)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie,

Could you give me some idea which is the best type to get and do they take all sizes of the various certificates which are available.

Sandra

Comment

Sandra

I have this one..

it takes both A4 and long certs.. (mine holds all my BMDs together, which has to be around 84 in total, might be more) havent counted them lately..lol

Long Luxury Green Certificate Binder (Heavy Item)

View larger image

These luxury padded binders have a heavy duty 4 ring mechanism with lifetime guarantee and have strengthened covers to provide your documents with extra protection.

A DARK GREEN padded leather grained look cover which takes the old or new style long Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates. Comes with 4 sleeves which will hold 8 certificates back to back. The cover and spine has the word 'Certificates' on it printed in gold.

and you would need:

Long Archival Certificate Sleeves - Pack of 10

Designed for use in our long certificate binders, these inert sleeves take two certificates back to back giving archival quality storage.

The pocket measures approximately 38.5cm x 22.5cm & will accomodate both the older style and the modern A4 certificates.
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-11-09, 15:04.
        Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your advise.

The cost of the File doesn't seem to bad but it could get expensive with the cost of the sleeves. I have a good number of certificates now!!

Sandra

Comment

Alternatively, use an ordinary ring-binder and buy acid-free pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
              Hi Julie,

Thanks for your advise.

The cost of the File doesn't seem to bad but it could get expensive with the cost of the sleeves. I have a good number of certificates now!!

Sandra
              no problems, you do know though that you can put certs back to back, so in theory 10 sleeves will do 20 certs.. (and I think that you do get 5 sleeves with the binder)
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X