Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with aio printer & camera - graphics card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with aio printer & camera - graphics card?

Hello and thanks for looking.

I have had trouble with my printer/scanner on and off for a while. Sometimes I can't scan and my pc freezes. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, and got updates from Kodak etc. Meanwhile OH's laptop will scan ok.

So I have been reading help forums etc and other people have had trouble too (It's a Kodak Easyshare 5300). I had just about decided to get a new printer for letters & census jpgs and leave photo printing to the shops, and get a separate scanner.

Then I tried to put some video files from my Fuji camera onto the pc and the pc froze at that too.

Is this a coincidence or might it be some sort of graphics card problem? Just seems odd that both times images/videos are involved.

Thanks for reading.

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Today I plugged in a memory stick and my pc froze so now I am thinking it could be the usb port.

Any ideas please?

Jen xx

;)

Comment

:emb:

Just a little bit more info in case anyone knows what I am on about!

I checked the device manager and the only thing with a "!" warning is:

PCI Simple Comms controller
      Location PCI slot 2 (PCI bus 0, device 10, function 0)
      Drivers not installed (code 28)

I tried to update but I couldn't find a cd (maybe the guy who built the pc has it?) and the wizard couldn't find a source.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
      X