Paris records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris records

Does anyone have a subscription to genealogie.com and could look up a record for me, to check the details before I pay out to subscribe myself?
    Some records for Paris have recently come on-line and if anyone has access I would be grateful if you could look up the following:
    Under "Etat-civil Reconstitué de Paris 1798-1860" there is a marriage in 1858 of Etienne Ganster. I would like to check the name of his wife, and to know what other details are held.
    Thanks very much in anticipation.
    Laurence.

Hi Laurence - I have a contact in Paris - would you like me to ask if she belongs to this site?
    Naomi

Comment

Have sent you a pm.

Comment

Hi Libby,

If you're thinking of Agatha, this is the same database that's already on Ancestry, and it's the one where Bev found her marriage.

Comment

Laurence, I've just checked the database on Ancestry, and there's nothing coming up for an Etienne Ganster on any date.

The nearest match is the marriage of Marie Joséphine Ganster in 1857.

Comment

Sorry, found him now - for some reason his name doesn't come up if you do an exact search on Ancestry, only if you untick Exact.

The image is a bit hard to read, but it looks as though he married Marguerite Anne Poncin on 17 June 1858 (his name's listed under "witness", but the transcription gives him as the husband). The place was N-D Lorette (presumably Notre-Dame de Lorette in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais département).

There's no other information listed.
            Last edited by Mary from Italy; 15-11-09, 13:10.

Comment

Hi Mary.

I found him and pm's Laurence. Wasn't sure if I should put the details up here.

Thinking of Agatha???????????? Now, would I be doing that??????? lol

Comment

As far as copyright goes, I think it's OK to put the details on here as long as you don't cut and paste them.

Comment

Thanks everyone. This is looking hopeful. I hadn't realised that database was on Ancestry. I have asked Libby to send me the image. Pity it doesn't give any other details though. I was hoping it would lead me back to where they both came from.

There is a Notre Dame de Lorette church in Paris. I have just found it in Google. It's in the Montmartre area, 9th arrondissement.

Comment

Etienne GANSTER erroneously appears on Ancestry as Etienne GAUSTER (transcription error). I added alternate information which will be searchable.

Comment

Thanks. That is a common mistranscription for this name. I have come across 5 different spellings in different documents!

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                        Hi Laurence - I have a contact in Paris - would you like me to ask if she belongs to this site?
                        Naomi
                        Thanks for the offer, Naomi. I think I now have all I can get from this, if the Ancestry database is the same as genealogie.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X