Family Tree Maker census sources up loading onto Tribal Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker census sources up loading onto Tribal Pages

Wasn't sure which board this should have been put on, so please excuse if its in the wrong place.

I have gone back to FTM (2008) after trying other programs. I've decided its time not to add any more names, but to start adding details of my sources. I also use a GEDCOM from FTM and upload it onto Tribal pages so my family can see the tree.

I've been trying to show on tribal pages multiple sources for the same type of event. On FTM I'm able to choose Census and then add source for - 1881, 1891, 1901 etc, but when up loading to tribal pages the source citation only shows one of them.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there no way I can show all census return references and notes. I have been going round in circles as I don't want my citations to read as CUS2, CUS3 I want them to read census 1881, 1891 etc

Any Idea's welcome.
    Last edited by poytheboy; 14-11-09, 15:11.
    David

I
    Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

As far as I know FTM does not export linked source images from ancestry. Although I don't use the program, a couple of Family Historian users have reported that the exported GEDCOM file does not contain any linked images etc.
    Jane
    Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Thanks for your reply jtaubman. The image side of things wasn't so much an issue. I just wanted to put in reference numbers for each census. At the end of the day each different type of program such as Legacy, FTM, Roots, converts or holds information in different ways.
      David

I
      Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

Have had a look at my TP tree - am I right in saying that the sources do not show up against the individual's name and that the only way to see them is a general source list on the Home tab - or is there a way to embed them into the data?
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X