Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emptying temporary Internet Files help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emptying temporary Internet Files help please?

I am following "Judy in the States " 1 stop routine pc maintenance.
    Only one folder comes up on the page when I double click it disappears can any one advice please.

Bella.

Sorted thank .

Bella

Comment

Emptying temporary Internet Files ( Sorry not sorted help please )

Sorry about this hope I am doing it properly I thought I had it sorted but havent so any help will be appreciated thank you.

Bella

Comment

Originally posted by granabella View Post
        I am following "Judy in the States " 1 stop routine pc maintenance.
        Not sure what "Judy in the States " 1 stop routine pc maintenance actually tells you to do!

Which browser are you using - Intenet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome ???
        Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine thanks for the reply I am using Internet Explorer I have for some time noticed my Home page takes a long time to download you might have an idea about that as well keeping my fingers crossed.

Bella

Comment

I never use Internet Explorer as I find the whole thing painfully slow!:F

Which version are you using - click on Help and then About Internet Explorer - and you´ll see the version number.
            Elaine

Comment

that method of Judy in the states is extremely thorough but I have found this works well enough for me
              click on tools at the top just below where you put a web site address then scroll to Internet options right at the bottom click on that ,then at Browsing History click on delete and you will get a list of what you want to delete, I would put a tick next to all but cookies and saved passwords ,then click on delete at the bottom good luck

Comment

I use FireFox and it has a plugin called "HideBad" it is highly configurable. you can set so canplace it on your tool bar and then just press it every so often to clear your cache,browser history, search history ..

hope ths is of help to someone !!! :D

Comment

Thank you Elaine I am on 7 it has got really slow might try something else but i dont like change.
                  Thanks Val yes ive done that and lost all my passwords I dident get the list will check carefully next time.
                  Dont know a lot about Computers is "Firefox " instead of "Internet Explorer" and is it free?

Bella

Comment

Sorry forgot the Computer bit was for DLG thanks

Bella

Comment

Sorted the cookies out but not the slow Internet Explorer only been slow for about a month

Bella

Comment

Bella, I always used to use IE but when it updated to, I think, 7 it was ridiculously slow so I downloaded 'mozilla firefox'. It is completely free and much faster than IE. I never use IE any more.

Good luck
                        Rose

Comment

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable | Mozilla Europe

you can download Firefox from here its an alternative to IE

you could try downloading CCleaner and run it

Download CCleaner 2.25.1025 - FileHippo.com

Comment

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable | Mozilla Europe that will take you to firefox home page , and yes is free it will automatically trasfer you saved cookies passwords and book marks for you ..

before useing CCleaner try to defrag your computer first it can work wonders

1. Click Start
                            2. Click Control Panel
                            3. Selct the Control Panel Home
                            4. Click System and Maintenance
                            5. Under the Administrative Tools section at the bottom, click Defragment your hard drive
                            6. You may need to grant permission to open the disk fragmenter
                            7. Click or unclick Run automatically (recommended) depending if you want this feature enabled or disabled.
                            8. Click OK
                            Last edited by Guest; 18-11-09, 00:55.

Comment

my puter is a bit slow at work. might download ccleaner and run it. have defragged.
                              Rose

Comment

Thank you so much everyone will do as you have suggested thanks again.

Bella

Comment

Just one little thing how do I save to my favs i had two stars on explorer but carnt find any thing mozilla Firefox strange when you go onto something new.

Bella

Comment

They are called bookmarks on Mozilla - you'll find the tab along the top of the screen - File / Edit / View / History / Bookmarks / Tools / Help
                                    Elaine

Comment

Yes got that thanks do I click on and will it save the page I am on my new home page is very plain not grumbling just wondering if it should be so plain a box with google and the round circle right side hope this makes sence.

Bella

Comment

You can set your home page to whatever you want.
                                        I normally use google - http://www.google.co.uk

If you click on Tools, then Options and then the Main tab, just put in the url of whatever you want to use for your home page.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X