Looking for Burial Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Burial Place

Looking for the Graveyard for our Gt. Grandfather, John Wade Clinton Sale or John Wade Clinton, whose death was registered in 1880 in the sub-district of St. John Westminster in the County of Middlesex, Registration District: St. George Hanover Square. Are there several graveyards for this area or just the one, any ideas anybody? Would somebody be able to look this up for me? Please.
    Yes it's me again, the Hit a Brick Wall looking for our Gt. Grandfather of several weeks ago. If we could find a gravestone or graveyard maybe it may give us some information to confirm who is father was.

My cousin has family in that area and they are buried at Brompton Cemetery.

This page gives contact details for this and nearby cemeteries Cemetery Records

Comment

Looking for Graveyard

Thanks very much Velma, that's a great help. Will get on to it tomorrow.:tong:

Comment

You might find this article interesting

Victorian London Cemeteries
        Jackie

Comment

If he was a nonconformist you could try Abney Park in Shoreditch - the index is on line
          Abney Park Cemetery Index

Comment

Trying to find Graveyard

Thanks Night Owl, lots of useful information on Victorian graveyards. Now we can start searching. :o

Comment

do you have him on any census at all? do you have a rough idea when/where he was born? or if he had any siblings?
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

All of the inner London graveyards would have been closed to new arrivals by 1880. The London Necropolis (now Brookwood cemetery) near Woking was opened in 1854 with its own special train service from Waterloo. Kensal Green cemetery was opened as early as 1833.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Lindsey.

Comment

Thanks Uncle John. That's very useful to know, because he died in 1880.

Comment

Hi Darksecretz, Yes, we have marriage cert. Census' from 1851 to 1871. and death cert. Lots of info on his acting career, but no Census for 1841 or birth record. Not sure whether he was born just simply John Sale or John Wade Clinton Sale. Has different ages for himself on Census'. Death cert age is 76 in 1880 giving birth date of 1804. Said he was born Greenwich on Census', have done search at Greenwich Heritage Centre and no record of him, he could have been born there and baptised elsewhere. Info on familysearch not correct. His family were staunch Christians working in Westminster Abbey and St. Georges Chapel Windsor, so not him on familysearch bap Bethel Weslyan Chapel, have looked at this record on film at their search centre and mother's name is wrong anyway. His sisters all 3 were baptised in Westminster. According to Census' he could have been born anywhere between 1804-1812. 5 of us in family researching avidly, but still no birth record. His father's name (on marriage cert) was John Bernard Sale his mother Ann(nee Pruen).

Comment

Working...
                      X