Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gale Newspaper collection

Hi

A few months ago I posted about searching this and a few of you kindly told me that I can access it with my library card - which I did.

I want to look at some papers for another name now but the site I am looking at (General Logon Page) wants a Username and Password (which can be the barcode from my library card). It doesn't accept my name as a Username - can someone please help me and tell me how I can access it again - has it all changed since I last accessed it or have I got the wrong web address?

Many thanks

Jo
    :D Charney Jo

Hi

How did you get to that page?

Each county usually has a library website / pages which you go in and then get to the bit that tells you about their online resources. There should be a bit there to click to access the parts of Gale that they have subscribed to.

From there you will be asked for your library number (I don't think it also requires a user name). There should be a long number on you library card next to the barcode, and that's the number you input.
    Jackie

Comment

That doesn't look like a normal library log in.

I've just checked on mine & it's the same as it's always been.

Find your library website as Jackie says & you should be able to access it that way. Failing that ring your library.
      Jay

Comment

Ah, thanks. I just googled and got that address. I couldn't remember how I got into it last time but know it wasn't that hard!

Thanks very much.

Jo
        :D Charney Jo

Comment

Working...
        X