irfanview - I think I must be stupid or something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irfanview - I think I must be stupid or something

Help - having read several places that irfan was quick and easy to use I installed it yesterday but I can't make it do anything:conf:
    For example I want to get rid the black around a census image so I select the census, edit cut selection and then I'm stuck as nothing seems to happen.
    I've watched a tutorial (a very bad super fast whizz through), read instructions til I have reached my present state:(
    Help
    jjj

I cant get on with that at all, it confuses the heck out of me!!!

I use Picasa3 from google, you can crop, improve, do basic photo editing with it, (the first time you use it it will scan your puter for images and put them in all handy folders so when you launch picasa you can see in an instant where your pics are)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

feeling slightly better - it's not just me..........

Comment

After you have selected the bit you want you should choose "Crop Selection"
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Open your photo in Irfanview.
          Go to Edit and select Create custom crop.
          Click and hold Left mouse key down. A cross will appear then from this draw the selection that you want still holding the mouse key down.
          When satisfied with selection area click and let go.

Edit - select Create custom crop. When the dialogue box opens just click cancel.

Edit - select Crop selection and click.
          This should give you what you want -if not Edit - Undo will restore the original.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X