Printing Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Photos

I would like to print out the photos that people on here have fixed for me.
    They dont come out very well on my printer at home, just asking those who have printed out in photo shops if the photos come out ok, as they are black and white ones etc do they come out exactly like they look on the pc?

Hi
    In what way do they not come out very well on your home printer? Are they blurred or with lines across or the colour not quite correct?:conf:
    Expat in Oz
    I wish I was not so confused:conf:

Comment

the colour is not right, and to be honest i want them to come out with good quality as i will be putting them in a frame to put in the living room to show off my ancesters lol

basicly i asking has anyone used the photo kiosks in places like tesco that you can print pics off? i have used them with nowaday photos but do old black and white photos come out ok on there? i know that might seem a weird question or an obvious answer to it but i dont want to go and pay to get the printed and they come out badly, you know?
      Last edited by scorpioleah; 14-11-09, 15:44.

Comment

Printing out potos on your own home computer will depend on quality of printer, paper and ink. I use a photo printer for my own photos. I also use top quality photo paper such as Ilford Pearl Smooth, which you can buy online through Amazon and good quality inks, that is the ink cartridges for whatever your printer is, not the cheap ones. If you cannot go down this route, then the next best thing to do is to go to a good quality scanning and printing photographic shop where they will do it for you at a reasonable cost. I had 4 photos done this way at a cost of £1 each about 7 years ago so may well be more than that now.

Janet

Comment

I've had quite a few old black and white photos printed by Photobox. You can do it all on line so don't even need to go to a shop. I was very pleased with the quality. In fact old black and white came out much better than colour prints of photos taken in the 70s and 80s.
          When you sign up with Photobox you get 20 standard size prints free. Just have to pay £1.50 postage. So you could try that to see if the quality was up to the standard you want. They are very quick and you often get them back next day.

I've tried a few other online printers but only for colour pics. Kodak were good but took quite a long time to come. Tesco not so good, wouldn't recommend them.
          Hope that helps.

Comment

My printer is Epson DX400 series , what I do for B/W is go to print options advanced and tick just black and white , then see if thats any better;
            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by SussexPat View Post
              I've had quite a few old black and white photos printed by Photobox. You can do it all on line so don't even need to go to a shop. I was very pleased with the quality. In fact old black and white came out much better than colour prints of photos taken in the 70s and 80s.
              When you sign up with Photobox you get 20 standard size prints free. Just have to pay £1.50 postage. So you could try that to see if the quality was up to the standard you want. They are very quick and you often get them back next day.

I've tried a few other online printers but only for colour pics. Kodak were good but took quite a long time to come. Tesco not so good, wouldn't recommend them.
              Hope that helps.
              thanks i will give them a try

Comment

Working...
              X