Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nottingham marriage: Ann Pitman married ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nottingham marriage: Ann Pitman married ???????

I've been searching for some Pit(t)mans who originated in Tewkesbury, Glos. I know some of them moved to Nottingham (framework knitting in both places) and I've found a likely marriage on freeBMD: Ann Pitman, Nottingham, Q4 1862, page 397. The thing is there are three brides and one groom listed on the page, and all my usual tricks to find everyone have failed. I've checked the four people on the page and they all seem to be transcribed correctly, I've found everyone listed in Nottingham for that quarter and checked all those that have partial or incorrect page numbers (and sent up several amendments) but I'm no further forward.

I don't like admitting defeat, but in this case I have to. Can anyone else find the names of the potential grooms, please?

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Hiya

she married Thomas Till @ Nottingham St Nicholas 28th Dec 1862
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie. What a nice exact answer to my question! It's very annoying to find that in 1871 Thomas Till (the right one I think) is in Nottingham, married, but his wife is not with him, and I can't see them in 1881. Never mind, I'll have a dig around another time and see if I can find something more definite.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

sorry I couldnt be of more help :emb:

I think though with a name like Till its bound to be mistrans as something other than what it should be.
        Julie

Comment

can you give the pob and dob for thomas please..
          Julie

Comment

The trouble is I can only guess that I have the correct Thomas Till - I decided on him because I couldn't find Ann and Thomas together, so thought one that was married but alone and in the 'correct' place would be a good candidate. In 1871 he's 49, born and living in Nottingham (occupation Sawyer). I haven't found him after that.

scuda

Comment

aha!!

maybe this is him, from looking at the 1871 it looks very much like the name could be mistrans as HILL

- Ancestry.co.uk
              Julie

Comment

Good idea, but I don't think it's right. I've found Thomas Hill marrying in Q3 1870, his wife must be Errenah Chapman (looks about right for the 1891 entry you found). I'd say he's definitely Hill, and Ann Pitman definitely married Thomas Till. Thanks for looking though.

scuda

Comment

Working...
                X