I need your skills!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your skills!!!!

I have a ‘new’ problem, well one that continues on from my last plea for help regarding my paternal Hampshire family line, in particular Eunice Hampshire nee Kent.

I was able to confirm by purchasing the marriage certificate that Thomas and Eunice Hampshire were married on 23 August 1847 in Weeden Beck, Northamptonshire. Eunice’ maiden name was Kent, she was of full age (as was Thomas), she was a servant residing in West End, Lower Weeden. Her father was John Kent, a wheelwright.

Now for my problem... I can only find Eunice on the 1851, 1861 & 1871 census’ once she is married to Thomas Hampshire. I can’t find her on the 1841census as Eunice Kent.

On the latter census’ she is recorded as having been born in Cranham, Essex in approx 1821. Where would I find her birth registration, which Parish records would give me the best results.

I then checked for John Kent on the 1841 census and found one living in Cranham with his wife Sarah and 3 sons Henry, George & Samuel. John Kent is a wheelwright. If this is the correct family then there is no mention of Eunice. On Ancestry there is a family tree which shows, I believe, this family with approx 10 children but no Eunice. I will see what I find out with your help then probably contact the tree owner...gulp!

I need your help and skills to either find her or point me in the right direction to finding her. ( as an aside I still haven’t found any trace of her daughter Alice Hampshire after the 1881) Thanking you all in anticipation.
    Kerryann Hill (nee Hampshire)
    "chasing dead rellies"
    GO STORM

The only thing I can find so far is that in the 1841 census, above the John Kent you have located, there is another John Kent above who is a carpenter. I am thinking that this is John Kent's son. Both John Kent senior, his wife and John Kent junior were all born "out of county", have looked at the younger John Kent in 1851 and he was born in Casefield Suffolk, what about looking in Suffolk for a birth registration ? just in case she wasn't born in Cranham, Essex - Just a thought

Comment

thanks champagnegal...I'll give that a try.
      "chasing dead rellies"
      GO STORM

Comment

Hmm Kes think I will have to find a Cowboys badge for my avatar lol

Comment

I find that Hugh Wallis' site is pretty good to find baptisms.

Counties in England

failing that you will need to look at the LDS site. www.familysearch.org
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks for all your help. I think I will have to arrange a tour for my local LDS family history centre.

Jac, great to find another NRL supporter...love my avatar, I have a number of them. I will be sitting up watching the Stormroos v England on Saturday, what about you?? (prob. known as the Thurstyroos v England in Townsville...)
            "chasing dead rellies"
            GO STORM

Comment

Working...
            X