Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Atherley

A bit – OK – a lot confused.
    My gg grandfather was George Atherley born in Mansfield c.1816. His father, according to the IGI and George’s marriage certificate was Henry Atherley. I have found a Henry Atherley on the 1851 Census – living in Mansfield/born in Ilkeston c1786. I have also found (Pallot’s and parish extracts) the marriage between Henry A (no place of birth given ) and Sarah Berry, in Nottingham. Census records also show – neither here nor there but... Philip Atherley born in Ilkeston around the same time as Henry. Ilkeston IGI records show Henry and Philip as brothers. I thought I had the right Henry Atherley BUT the IGI gives a marriage for HA (b.1782 Ilkeston) to Mary Litherland, in Leicestershire and he is on an Ancestry tree, with Mary L and their descendants. I can’t find another HA and I know intuition is no guarantee – I feel that he is my ggg grandfather – how can I confirm it!

I have a baptism for a George Atherley 19/1/1816 at St Peter, Mansfield on my Nottingham CDs.

Parents Henry and Sarah and Henry is a stockinger and they are living at Belvidere St.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Also baptisms for Elizabeth 18/8/1822 and Anne 24/10/1819 same details as above, but different addresses.
      Wendy

Comment

Thank you so much Wendy. I had hoped that these two were George's sisters - two of his daughters were staying with Elizabeth Bull in one census - I found Elizabeth Atherley had married a Joseph Bull. I can't find any evidence of two Henry Atherleys being born in Ilkeston in the 1780s, so whether there was a brief marriage to the lady in Leicestershire then a sprint into Notts - or vv - I don't know!

Comment

Can't find anything else but the marriage to Sarah Berry on my CDs. No burials either which might have helped.
          Wendy

Comment

Working...
          X