Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mystery

Got my first family mystery

Been on genes reunited and found someone connected their had the same relatives, The lloyds

Thomas lloyd married Phoebe Jenkins 1915 and had 3 children Phyllis, Cliffard and Harriet

My gran is the daughter of harriet.

On this persons tree had a 4th child, Anthony J Lloyd

Birth certificate: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...453&recoff=1+3

which shows mothers maiden name jenkins, and they said its the right info

i talked to my gran and asked her if she had an uncle anthony as i have only ever heared of phyllis and cliffard. She said no, and asked her sisters, who also didnt know. So then shes rung phyllis, who would be the sister of anthony, and she said she doesnt know anything about him.

Aunty phyllis was born 1916 so there would be a 17 year age gap.

How would i find out what happened to him?

Its very unlikely that an older sibling wouldn't remember a younger one, I would have thought. Have you looked to see if he died shortly after birth? Quite often in older days they wouldn't talk about it, and the older siblings may have been living away from home so not aware of what happened.

Was the mother still childbearing age when Anthony was born?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Lloyd and Jenkins are not wildly unusual names. It's possible that Anthony comes from a different family altogether, and someone has made the assumption. There could only be anything like certainty if there were a piece (or three) of detailed evidence in support - a birth cert with correct parents' names / address / occupation, for instance.

Or, if he were born that late, relative to the rest of the family, he may have suffered some disability which meant that his existence was kept quiet (put into a Home, perhaps), or he may have died very close to birth, and he was never mentioned. It would have been a very different era from now, in terms of what people's reactions were to such things.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There is a marriage for a Lloyd to a Jenkins in Merthyr Tidfil in 1929. This could be another family.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks everyone

i think the best way forward is to get his birth certificate just to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
            Its very unlikely that an older sibling wouldn't remember a younger one, I would have thought. Have you looked to see if he died shortly after birth? Quite often in older days they wouldn't talk about it, and the older siblings may have been living away from home so not aware of what happened.

Was the mother still childbearing age when Anthony was born?
            she would have been 48

Comment

Lloyd and Jenkins are quite common Welsh names, so it's possible there are two families with similar names and places and dates. As Christine suggested, the person on GR may have got two families mixed up. When the cerificate comes you'll know the answer.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X