If I Import a file into Tribalpages from Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I Import a file into Tribalpages from Ancestry

I only have a few photos and stories on Ancestry but lots on Tribal pages if I imported a file from Ancestry into Tribal pages would it leave the Photos Certs and stuff on Tribal pages that are already there or wipe the lot off??
    Thanks

Val, I don´t use Tribal Pages much - put my tree on there sometime ago and haven´t been back. I am presuming that the only way to upload a new file is in GEDCOM format. If that is the case, when you export your file from Ancestry it will be data only, no photos or stories that you have added would be exported.

When you upload to Tribal Pages it wont merge with existing file. If it´s got the same tree name then it will go over the top. If you use a different tree name then it will upload as a new tree.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine for such a quick response ,so it will go over my existing tree and wipe the lot then ??? ugh
      I love Ancestry now its so easy to add census records baptisms and the like to it but now I have to update Tribal pages oh well live and learn

Comment

If you upload it to TB with the same file name, then yes it will go over the top of the old one. You could change the name of the tree, but I´m not sure how many trees you are allowed on TB, ? are you allowed more than one using the same email addy??
        Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine not sure as I pay for mine so it may be different ??? will have a looksy thanks

Comment

Working...
          X