1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census

I have failed to find my father and mother in law on the 1911 census. One was born in 1904 and the other in 1909. I have tried using their First name and surname and also added their second names. Both were born in Wales.
    Any helpful suggestions please
    Iori

Can you give their full names and places of birth .. and I'll have a look for you.
    Also similar information for any other children you think might be with them - and names of parents.

PS I'm moving your thread into our Research Qs & As forum which is more suitable for your request.
    Elaine

Comment

Just a thought Iori - have you 'ticked' the box for 'variants of name'? Sometimes there's a mistranscription and they'll perhaps appear if you do this.

Hope so.

Gwyn
      Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

I have found that if you use the plus or minus settings for DOB, rather than "exact date", you get better results.

Comment

Hi - Also, use the **...so if the surname is say Smith you could put S**t* using advanced search.

Comment

1911 Census

Thanks to all who have replied. I'll give each suggestion a try

Comment

if you'd like to give me their details I will have a look

Comment

To Elaine
                My father in law is Thomas William Vaughan Born 1904 Henllan,Denbigh, Denbighshire and my mother in law is Elspeth Alys Jones born 1909 Pentre Pant, Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, Denbighshire

Comment

I think you might find that Thomas has been transcribed as Thomas Vaugham (with an 'm' on the end instead of 'n')
                  Elaine

Comment

Do you know the names of Elspeth's parents - or are you expecting to find any other siblings with her in 1911?
                    Elaine

Comment

There's an ELSBELT ALYS JONES bc1910 living in Ruthin Denbighshire
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

Thanks Elaine - now that I've checked my file I find that did get Elspeth via her older brother

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post
                          There's an ELSBELT ALYS JONES bc1910 living in Ruthin Denbighshire
                          That looks like the right one - place of birth matches! :smilee:
                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                          X