Informants addresses on death certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informants addresses on death certificates

OK, my MIL's great grandfather (Henry) is listed as the informant on both his parents death certs. His father died on 8th September 1868 and Henry's residence was listed as Princess Street, West Hartlepool. On 21 November 1868, when his mother died, his residence is listed as Maple Street, Scotswood Road, Newcastle.

Neither addresses are where his parents died. Should I / can I assume that they are his permanent addresses (I know that he had children born in Newcastle district between 1866 and 1870) or do you think it likely one could be a lodging? He was only a cook and then labourer so wouldn't have had much money.

Many thanks (once again!)

Jo
    :D Charney Jo

I would presume that they are, is there anyway of verifying via census?

or childrens birth/marriage certs
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie

In 1861 he was living/staying in Leamington Spa and by 1871 he was living in Birmingham! I could get the birth certs of the children born wither side of this date (not the direct line, so I hadn't ...).

Thanks for the suggestion :smilee:
      :D Charney Jo

Comment

You don't say where his parents died. It's possible he may have had temporary lodgings if he had been visiting - though I would have thought he would be at his parents' home if that was the case - or perhaps he lodged temporarily after the death when he was sorting things out.

Sometimes our ancestors did a lot of moving around, I have a few families that moved several times between censuses, often just next door, further down the street or round the corner.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
        X