German searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German searches

:conf: My great grandfather William Frederick Augustus Rosenbaum, was born in Stettin in Germany in 1837, now, I do know that the area is now part of Poland, and is now callede Szczecin, I have tried so very hard to find out exactly where my great grandad was baptised, but after trying archives in Germany and Poland, I have come to a brick wall, I would be very glad of any suggestions offered, thank you, June Lilian.:Wink:

June, I'm going to move your thread into the Research Qs & As forum as I feel you may get more help on there.
    If at a later date you need a lookup in a specific location in Germany then we can move it back to the Research Requests forum.
    Elaine

Comment

Hello June,
      if you give the names in the German language as a search argument,
      perhaps you find references to further initial places. A Friedrich Augustus Rosenbaum also lived into Wehdem in Lower Saxony at 1777. ( Genealogy Data). The east areas of Germany have first more and more been settled again after 1750. So it can be possible, that the ancestors are from Lower Saxony. Or had a connection to each other. The name Friedrich Augustus indicates it.
      Much success wishes you
      Wolf

Comment

can you give us some information on where you have looked? was he protestant or catholic? have you got a marriage entry?

Comment

look under Genealogy Data
          Hartstack Database

There are 27445 individuals and 9984 families representing 4851 surnames in this database.
          The most common surnames in this database (in no particular order) are : Meyer(221), Thane(454), HAFERKAMP(263), LOESCH(292), Bosse(400), FINKE(232), EMSHOFF(269), SCHROEDER(279), BUCK(196), WINKELMANN(427)

These WWW pages were produced on Wed Jun 24 17:11:25 2009.
          INDEX
          A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z (NONE/OTHER)
          Surname List
          Database Owner Contact Information
          Albert Hartstack
          21951 FM1155 E
          Washington, TX 77880
          936-878-2264
          awhart@earthlink.net

Wolf

Comment

Working...
          X