IGI batch nos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI batch nos.

Are IGI batch nos. only LDS nos. please?

I have just found a Etty Curd, born 8 May 1792, baptised 19 Aug 1792 and died 15 Oct 1792 on batch no C060761, but on Batch no. C060762 it only shows her birth and baptism, same dates and parents.

I would have thought the later batch no. would have been the one with the burial.

Sylvia
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 04-11-09, 11:06.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

If you click on the "source call" number for each of the entries, you will see that one are extractions from the Parish Records and the other is from Bishops Transcripts. In general, batch numbers that start with C are all Christenings. to find a burial is an added bonus.

Comment

The LDS do not normally transcribe deaths onto the IGI, although sometimes they do in the case of a child, where the death is recorded alongside the original baptism details - some Vicars did this, some did not.

However, if you view the FILM, you often find it contains death and burial information as the person who filmed the register filmed every page, burials included.

I hope that makes sense!

OC

Comment

Thank you Pat, have just checked and the 761 number is Bishops transcripts and the 762 are Parish records.

Thank you too OC.

Sylvia
        Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
        Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
        Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X