Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry update ....

British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920
    - looks as if they have uploaded the remaining records!
    Elaine

... also a couple of extra database sets

Ireland, Casualties of World War I, 1914-1918 - Ancestry.co.uk

UK, De Ruvigny's Roll of Honour, 1914-1924 - Ancestry.co.uk
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine
      I'm just downloading 17 images for my Great Grandfather
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Well, I was looking forward to this, having found my great uncle's name on there, right date of birth, right area he was living in, unfortunately when I looked further, it was somebody else's name (completely unconnected - my uncle is wheelhouse, this person was watson !!)

Have reported it, but am most dischuffed about it.

Comment

Elaine, a huge cyber hug for you!!! Thank you so much for that information. I had another look and have located my grandfather's records at last. He was a very mysterious character. His name was Arthur Gibson but he enlisted under the name of Albert Gordon, why, we don't know. Everything he told his family about his past life was a load of porkies. Anyway, I know it is his records because he was living at my grandmother's address on his discharge. Again, thank you so much.
          Teresa...

Comment

be very careful when I could not find who I was looking for I went to refine the search and the surname and forename boxes were reversed so I was looking for Miller George instead of George Miller

Comment

I have also found this tonight and I'm over the moon as my grandfathers records are finally on there. The search had said there were 17 pages but for some reason I went backwards from the first page and there were another three pages making 20 in all,so make sure you check a few pages before and after just in case you miss any.

Hana

Comment

I've been waiting ages for them to get to W and what do I find? Absolutely nothing....:F

But at least I know now..... Thanks for the tip Elaine!
                Sue

Comment

I just found my man in the Irish Guards Casualties list. There's nothing more than I already know but it's nice to see him on another list.
                  Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
                  X