Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving image from census record...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving image from census record...............

Oh dear, I cannot sort this problem :F

When I want to save a census image from Ancestry, I press the little button at the top right which then opens a box at the bottom where I can choose 'save to hard drive'. Fine, so I choose that and another little box appears at top left telling me that the image will be saved as a jpeg in 'Documents', so I type in the name for the image and press 'Save'.

Trouble is, I can't find the dratted image anywhere!!

I used to be able to print the images direct, but now if I try that, I get an 'Error' message, so I gave that up, thinking that if I could save them, I could then print them off.

I must be doing something stupid - please can some kind soul help.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Gwyn I always save mine onto my desktop instead of documents then alter it and move it from there ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Babs - this is how thick I am - from the little box at the top left, where do I find the option for saving it to Desktop?

Gwyn

Comment

When it comes up save on my computer go to the blue line on the top and there is drop down list where it says documents look for your desktop on that list you might have to click on the side colulm to find it just have go

Comment

Right, found 'Desktop', pressed save - but zilch!!

I just have no idea what's going wrong Babs, but thanks so much for your help. I'll try again when my head's stopped pounding........

Gwyn
          x

Comment

Have you dropped your pages down and looked onto your desktop to see if its there ??? carnt belive it didnt ;;you did press save ??

Comment

I just whizzed across to Desktop Babs, but it ain't there. I'm sure I pressed 'Save', but I'll just fortify myself with a dose of caffeine, then I'll do it again and let you know.

Gwyn

ps you have the patience of a saint!!

Comment

OK babe , I have just tried on desktop but this uses snipping tool so pass how you use that and copy onto here ;;need to be on big comp

Comment

No, still no luck here Babs. I wonder if I have something blocking it? I don't want to bother you any more as it's getting late now, but I'll have another fiddle and try to see if I can suss it.

Thanks so much again for your patience.

Gwyn
                  x

Comment

Why not right click on the image and choose "Save image as"? That's how I save mine.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh never tried that way Wendy

Comment

Ah ha - success by a different method!!

I happened to look on GR and there's a similar question there. Someone suggested downloading Firefox and voila - I can actually print the images !!

Once again, thank you Babs and Wendy.

Gwyn

Comment

Oh glad you did it but I also did a screenshot no0w back on other comp and this is what mine looks like ;;

Comment

Wendy mine wouldnt do it your way with vista and IE

Comment

There is an issue with saving Ancestry images when you have Protected Mode switched on in Internet Explorer. The problem can be solved by switching Protected Mode off, or by using a different browser. See these threads for more info:

Sarah

Comment

Hi,

When you save it the normal way, does it say afterwards in a little box "this has been saved to temporary internet files do you want to open the folder?" sort of thing? I found that is what mine was doing, so now I just say yes to open it then I can copy it across to the correct location.

Hope you have it sorted, whichever way it works best for you.

Regards
                                Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by Rachandgarry View Post
                                  When you save it the normal way, does it say afterwards in a little box "this has been saved to temporary internet files do you want to open the folder?" sort of thing? I found that is what mine was doing, so now I just say yes to open it then I can copy it across to the correct location.
                                  You can get rid of that message, and save it to whatever folder you want, by switching off Protected Mode in Internet Explorer (or by using a different browser). :smilee:
                                  Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                  X