Standby and hibernation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standby and hibernation.

I'm sure this is a really stupid question but can anyone tell me the difference between putting my computer into standby mode and putting it into hibernation please? I often use standby but am wary of trying hibernation because I'm not sure what happens to the computer and I don't know how to bring it back to life again.Would I do it in the same way as from standby - that is, either using the "wake" button on the keyboard or clicking the mouse? Also, does hibernation mode use less electricity than standby?

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Standby is a 'low-power' state, where a keypress will wake your computer up.. Hibernation is a 'no-power' state where a snapshot of your current activity is saved to disk, and reloaded the next time you turn on..

Hope this helps
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
      Standby is a 'low-power' state, where a keypress will wake your computer up.. Hibernation is a 'no-power' state where a snapshot of your current activity is saved to disk, and reloaded the next time you turn on..

Hope this helps
      Thanks Grim, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Ann
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
      X