Seeking help with a Jones family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking help with a Jones family

I am searching for a William James Jones and wife Francis (nee Palmer) both born abt 1900 (but not sure) they had children Arthur James born 1922 in Portsmouth and I understand twins Laurie and Jayne, son Harry and daughter Dorothy. I did find a Francis Palmer on the 1901 census aged 17yrs so not sure if this is one and the same. I would be grateful if anyone could look up a marriage for this couple as I don't seem to be having much luck.Thankyou.

Having problems finding the birth registration of any of the children.
    The birth index from 1916-2005 has been transcribed on Ancestry so you would expect to find them by putting a surname of Jones and mother´s maiden name of Palmer ...but nothing is showing up.

Do you have any years or places of births for the other childred?
    Elaine

Comment

FreeBMD has a Jones birth 1914 Portsmouth with MMN Palmer
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Elaine but sorry I don't have any info on the other children only Arthur James born 23rd July 1922 and died 10th September 2000 as this was my son in laws father.

Comment

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Found the birth registration for Arthur James Jones - district was mistranscribed as Portamouth in the couny of Sussex and Isle of Wight!
            Don´t you love the Ancestry transcriptions at times!

Arthur J Jones
            MMN Palmer
            Jul Aug Sep 1922
            Portamouth
            Volume Number: 2b
            Page Number: 775

His birth certificate would give the names of both parents and would help find their marriage certificate.
            Elaine

Comment

There are three other birth registrations about that time that might fit the family you are looking for. I´ll send them to you by pm in case any are still living.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much Elaine for the info you have sent, sorry but being new to this could you please let me know what pm stands for.Regards Chris

Comment

Sorry Christine!

PM is a personal message. If you want to send one then you click on the person´s name to the left of their post, and you will get the option to send a message.
                  You will find my message in your Private Message inbox - towards the top right of screen, just above the blue navigation bar - click on Private Messages.
                  Elaine

Comment

Sorry - I suggested you get the birth certificate of Arthur which would give parents' name and thus help you to find marriage certificate - but I´ve just re-read your first post and see you already have the parents' names!

Off to have another look!
                    Elaine

Comment

Not having much luck finding a marriage.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X