advice please about a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please about a marriage

Good morning.....could somebody please advise me about my 3 x g grandparents living in Garston 1861 census...
    David Jones b Liverpool aged 27
    Mary Jones b Hull aged 30 (maiden name unknown)
    Mary Ellen Jones b Garston aged 1....
    I am now going to see if I can find Mary B c1830 maiden name....but a marriage for David Jones to a Mary about 1858 in either Garston / Liverpool or Hull seems difficult to research....any advice would be really appreciated....for the record ..I have Mary as Mary Jones on my tree....Mary Jones b 1830 brings up scores of matches on GR and is becoming a nuisance...I really would like to find Mary`s maiden name....thanks...allan:smilee:
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Do you have the reference for the 1861 census?
    Elaine

Comment

No Elaine....I have posted on this marriage in Sept but got nowhere..let me go on search to see if there is a reference....pretty sure it was you or Merry who found the address...think it was Greenland St...back soon with the address...allan:Wink:
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Jones is a problem name! I think you might have to invest in a birth cert for one of their children, which will list Mary's maiden name. Or it might be in the child's baptism record.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Bells were ringing when when I started searching!
          Previous thread - http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...k-up-plse.html

Little Nell is right - you need a birth certificate of one of the children to be sure of finding the correct marriage.
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks Nell.....Elaine..yes it was you who found the 1871 census of them in 17 Greenland St...but no-one could find them in the 1861 census....I think Nell is right, I will have to buy Mary Ellen b 1860 birth certificate.....checking Lancs bmd...allan:Wink:

Comment

Shame we cannot see them in 1861 as it might give you a better idea of Mary Ellen's age.
              The 1871 census states she was born c1859.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine....6 Mary Ellen Jones born in 1859 possibles..3 in 1860....think I`ll just leave this AGAIN ...I might go to St Michaels church here in Garston and see if I can find her babtism....will that have MMN on the record ?....allan:conf:
                ADDED....I have found only ONE Robert A Jones b 1865/66 in West Derby..
                Robert Alfred Jones b Dec Qtr 1865 8b 286....am I right in saying this is MY Robert A Jones aged 5 on the 1871 census ?....if so , I will order the birth cert on Tuesday...going to Liverpool City Centre on Tuesday...what do you think ?...allan..correction...another Robert A Jones in Mar qtr 1866 b West Derby..so there`s a possible 2...church looks best bet...allan
                Last edited by garstonite; 01-11-09, 11:18.

Comment

Unlikely that the baptism record will show MMN.
                  It will give you the parents' names and father's occupation - and possibly her date of birth - which might then help you locate the correct birth certificate.
                  Elaine

Comment

If those certs are both held at the same local register office Allan, couldn't you apply directly to them and tell them you only want one if the father is David Jones and the mother Mary? The chances of them both having the same named father and mother narrows it down considerably.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

On the 1871 census doesn't it say Robert W, not Robert A, or am I looking at the wrong census record?

Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
                        On the 1871 census doesn't it say Robert W, not Robert A, or am I looking at the wrong census record?

Jane
                        I would agree - image looks like Robert W Jones
                        1871 census
                        Elaine

Comment

I can`t find any Robert W Jones b Liverpool or West Derby mar 1865 to dec 1866.......thank you all for your help...it`s appreciated....allan:Wink:

Comment

Working...
                          X