World War II records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War II records

are world war II records available online or able to order?

my gran would like her fathers records

Not online but you can order them if you are next of kin. There's a fee - of about £30 I think - and they do take some time to come through.

Army Personnel Centre
    Historical Disclosures
    MP 555, Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow G2 8EX

Tel: 0845 600 9663
    Email: disc4@apc.army.mod.uk
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

wow £30 lol

thanks, i will let my gran know

do you need to know details like service number and/or which part of the army he was in?

Comment

its best to give as much information as possible. full name and date of birth is usually enough. but if you know his regiment and number, add those as well.

Comment

You will find information on this link - with copies of the relevant forms which need to be completed.
          Service records - Army
          Elaine

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hi - I've just heard from someone who received WW11 records for his grandfather and he was extremely pleased. Gave quite a bit of info and also showed his gf's writing. I believe that if your grandmother is a pensioner, she might not have to pay for the records.
              Last edited by naomiatt; 02-11-09, 08:40.

Comment

my grandfather served in the early 50's in malaya, would i be able to get his records? or is oly for people who served in WW II?

Comment

To get service records you have to be the person concerned or if deceased next of kin. I got a letter from my Auntie giving me permission in order to get my Grandfather's Service Record.

The person concerned doesn't have had to have been in a world war but if you contact them they will advise you.

Regards
                  Jill

Comment

thank you for that. i will download the forms, and get gran to apply.

Comment

You can find a PoW for WW2 on Ancestry

Comment

Working...
                      X