Help with census please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with census please

Trying to find DAVID COOKE occupation Linen Draper born Scotland possibly self employed in Liverpool area.Would be at least 50 in 1841.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Can't see anything.
    What do you know about him - any family?
    Why do you think he will be in Liverpool?
    Any idea when/where he died?
    Elaine

Comment

Have you got him in any other censuses? or other records?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Elaine and Christine,
        All I have is his name and occupation from his son's marriage in 1841.Son David married in Liverpool at age 29 his birthplace given in census only as Scotland.
        This line was never spoken of except as coming from Scotland originally and thought to have been in business so looking for him there without a town or village would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. He may even have died before 1841.
        It was a long shot at best thank you both for looking.
        Daphne

Comment

Hi Daphne
          This looks about the best match for young David in 1841. Born Scotland, living in Liverpool. Do you know what his occupation was? This one is a mariner. I assume you meant the father was a linen draper?

- Ancestry.co.uk
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie,
            It is David senior the linen draper that I am looking for, young David was a wheelwright and I have found his family in 1851 and 1861.
            Thank you.
            Daphne.

Comment

Working...
            X