Printing from GR tree please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing from GR tree please?

Can anyone tell me please how to print a reasonably large section of a tree on GR at a time please? i.e. There is one particular section I would like to print but I can only seem to get about 5 people in view when it says I can print.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I shall watch this thread with interest, as I have never yet heard of anyone successfully printing a tree from GR!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      I shall watch this thread with interest, as I have never yet heard of anyone successfully printing a tree from GR!

OC
      Me too OC
      Because I too think that trying to navigate GR trees is archaic to say the least. Give me Tribal Pages trees anyday.
      Moggie

Comment

From memory, I used to do View Full Tree, then print. You are then presented with the tree sliced up into pages. You then select the pages you want by highlighting them and use the zoom to make sure you're getting the parts you want. Then print.

I'm now sure if this is still the way you do it as it's been about a year since I attempted it.
        Hail Spode!

Comment

Thanks for that...............I'm off to try it....

Comment

Thanks for that Guy - I'm off to try it too :smilee:

I wonder if Harry's mum had any success.

Comment

Well it works...........

I had trouble with the zooming back and forth to get the bits I wanted, then had to put it back together. It would be easier if you wanted the whole tree, but possible.

Comment

It doesn't work for me because something odd is happening. When I click on full tree, the section I want doesn't seem to be there :conf: It is someone else's tree that he gave me access to and told me to print off anything I wanted, but I only want one section. Is it possible that his tree is split into several parts as I can't find the family I want by clicking my way up either. I have tried following everyone I could think of. The only way to get the family up that I want is by searching for one of their names.

Comment

Normally a GR tree is all linked together, but it is possible to load a GEDCOM file with disconnected parts. GR does produce an error message when you load it but it still lets you do it. So maybe this person's GR tree came from a fragmented GEDCOM file.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks UJ, I think that's what has happened then.

Comment

Working...
                    X