X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Indexes ...

Hi

Can anyone help please?

I am still searching for the elusive birth of my (well, MIL's!) Henry Treadwell. He was born c. 1848 in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire and I can find him in all the census returns but his birth has so far eluded me (I am aware that it may not even exist if he wasn't registered).

I have been searching through the BMD records on ancestry and I have found:

Name: Henry
    Year of Registration: 1848
    Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
    District: (Illegible)
    Volume: 20
    Page: 78_ (click to see others on page)

However, the image isn't available to view.

Does anyone know how I can view this page?

Many thanks in advance!
    :D Charney Jo

Don't forget you can always check on FreeBDM

The entry is at Wantage and if you click on the spectacles and then on view the original - you will see the written index. If you just want the names then click on the number.

FreeBMD - Search

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Snap just looked on Genes with the same result

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that. How did you check in FreeBMD - am I being dense :conf:? I see there is a 'View Images' section but couldn't see how to sort by volume and page number.

Thanks again ...

Comment

When you've got the results

in this case just the one.

It says Treadwell Henry - then Wantage in blue 6 in black and 288 in blue then info in red followed by spectacles.

blue means there's a link.

Click on the 288 which gives you births recorded in Wantage in that quarter.

If you click on Wantage it tells you which registration area that covers.

click on the spectacles which takes you to the transcriber's details. Further down on the left in black/grey is View the original - click on that and it will show you the original index.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

There's a whole set of submissions on the IGI for a Henry TREADWELL in Leamington b 1848.
            But they all seem to have
            born 18 SEP 1848 - perhaps that's really a baptism date?
            other info...
            parents Charles TREADWELL / Sarah Ann HUDSON
            spouse: Margret FOSTER
            d 25 JAN 1917
            ~~~~
            And then - just to spice things up - there's this extracted record [C041541]:
            Christening: 01 JUL 1849 Saint Nicholas, Warwick
            parents Charles TREADWELL / Caroline

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ah, thanks J Bee.

Hi Christine. Yes I have seen these. Unfortunately I don't live near a LDS centre to check it further though .... 'My' Henry was the son of Charles and Sarah Ann (married to Margaret) not the one born to Charles and Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by Charney Jo View Post
                Hi Christine. Yes I have seen these. Unfortunately I don't live near a LDS centre to check it further though .... 'My' Henry was the son of Charles and Sarah Ann (married to Margaret) not the one born to Charles and Caroline.
                Had you considered asking someone to do a Warwick RO look-up for you? I'm not sure if anyone's on the official list (see Warwickshire in the Wiki), but you could try the Requests board? http://www.familytreeforum.com/research-requests/

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X